Hair extension removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChelleBells10

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals,
Please help, I'm relatively new to hair extensions, I qualified in Feb. yesterday I did my second removal of pre bonded exts and it took 4 and a half hours!!!!

I brought the pre bonded exts from Foxy and used their own remover. By the end of it my hand was agony.

What am I doing wrong?? Any tips? This is putting me off of fitting any further sets. HELP!!!!

There are a few companies that have changed their keratin so the tips are horrendous to remove. I know Angel Remy are having the same problem.
If you use remover and pliers they should come out no problem. I use transform xtensions on facebook for pre bonded and can remove a full head in less than an hour without using remover. The pliers are enough

Thanks Meggy. It really was horrendous, my hand is killing me still today.
Thy absolutely didn't just 'slide out' as I was told they would do. So so you think it's a case of the Keratin and not something a I'm doing wrong?x

What's the hair like from Transform??

Your just new to fitting extensions so be prepared for removals to take some time until you have done numerous sets. Don't let it put you off as Practice makes perfect. Most companies do use the stronger Italian keratin these days which can be tricker to remove, but it's a much better keratin to the one that used to be around years ago. Soggy, sticky bonds, yack.

There is a nack to it so practice does make it easier however yes I think the keratin has something to do with it to. I had to remove a set from Angel remy and when I called them I was told they had changed their keratin. It took me twice as long as it usually does.
Request some samples, I love it to be fair and the couple who own it are amazing. they are really helpful and approachable.

Latest posts

Back