Hair extension supplier refund

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cessie373

Reaction score
Has anyone here ever managed to successfully get a refund for bad hair extensions?

I am a professional hairdresser and extensionist and I was trying out a new supplier and their hair was described as 100% cuticle correct Remy.... After about a month of wear (I wash my hair weekly) the silicone coating had washed off and it became very apparent that the hair was cuticle stripped.
It matted up constantly and had the feel and look of wire wool, it was so terrible I had to remove it and the company is completely denying that it is cuticle stripped and that it has reached the end of its lifespan and due to the “age” of the hair they cannot continue my complaint.
The hair was completely mis-sold and I’m out of pocket with no resolution and no likelihood of a refund. I feel so lucky that I tested on myself not a client but I’m hugely out of pocket for hair that I could have bought for £30 on Amazon or eBay.
Anyone here ever managed a refund? Many kind thanks

Attachments

• 67E258EC-FEC2-4598-97F2-548022988274.jpeg
    67E258EC-FEC2-4598-97F2-548022988274.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 64
  • 2AB4CDD5-646A-48EE-9F3F-3F2DFF3BC0D2.jpeg
    2AB4CDD5-646A-48EE-9F3F-3F2DFF3BC0D2.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 60
Has anyone here ever managed to successfully get a refund for bad hair extensions?

I am a professional hairdresser and extensionist and I was trying out a new supplier and their hair was described as 100% cuticle correct Remy.... After about a month of wear (I wash my hair weekly) the silicone coating had washed off and it became very apparent that the hair was cuticle stripped.
It matted up constantly and had the feel and look of wire wool, it was so terrible I had to remove it and the company is completely denying that it is cuticle stripped and that it has reached the end of its lifespan and due to the “age” of the hair they cannot continue my complaint.
The hair was completely mis-sold and I’m out of pocket with no resolution and no likelihood of a refund. I feel so lucky that I tested on myself not a client but I’m hugely out of pocket for hair that I could have bought for £30 on Amazon or eBay.
Anyone here ever managed a refund? Many kind thanks
Where was this from ?

Yes I’ve had a refund before but it was from a supplier I’ve been using for years and they requested the hair back for testing. Accepted that it wasn’t up to their usual standard and gave me a credit note. That’s good customer service, obviously they knew I wasn’t trying it on as I’ve been happily applying their hair for years. This hair is very highly coloured so probably won’t have as long of a life span than the darker colours but should still last more than 4 weeks. Of course that depends on the quality and how much you paid for it. Does it give a guide of the lifespan on the website? It shouldn’t really have a silicone coating if it’s good quality cuticle intact hair. Keep at it. You’re entitled to a refund if the product is faulty.

Latest posts

Back