Hair extension tapes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbs

Love your hair by jo
Reaction score
Hi guys after a bit of advice on tapes!
Iv been doing extensions for approx 5 years now but only started using tapes the past 4 months.. as a lot of you are saying on here the maintenance can be a complete nightmare ! Can anyone recommend a good cleansing shampoo to use once iv removed the tapes as I’m finding there’s still loads of glue in the hair after a couple of washes..I do go back over the hair with the c22 once the tapes are removed but I can still feel build up in the hair.
Can i also ask what people are charging for removal and refit.. ?? with some clients I do this over two fittings but the ones that aren’t local to me this isn’t always possible! iv been charging £60 but tbh it can take the same amount of time if not longer than my other methods micro rings ect where I charge £90.
The maintenance In tapes is real to off putting but I do love the method ! Xx

I think maybe try an alcohol based acetone remover

I charge £80 for tape removal and refit as like you said it is over two appointments, most of the time i take the tapes out and completely smother their hair in conditioner and comb through to get any leftover bits out. Then they go home, with the conditioner on and I them to leave it on for an hour and then shampoo 3 times and all of the residue comes out. ive found thats the best way to do it, I've tried the acetone removers and c-22 is the best one.

ask them to use a really rubbish shampoo as they tend to just strip the hair lol, so i advise them to wash 3 times with head and shoulders x x

I charge £80 for tape removal and refit as like you said it is over two appointments, most of the time i take the tapes out and completely smother their hair in conditioner and comb through to get any leftover bits out. Then they go home, with the conditioner on and I them to leave it on for an hour and then shampoo 3 times and all of the residue comes out. ive found thats the best way to do it, I've tried the acetone removers and c-22 is the best one.

ask them to use a really rubbish shampoo as they tend to just strip the hair lol, so i advise them to wash 3 times with head and shoulders x x

Great thanks hun ile try that! It does put you off wanting to do them but I do love the results of the tape method! Xxx

Try just spraying aerosol shine spray... magic... i only spray it on the residue and comb it out with a fine tooth comb.. ALL GONE! No damage.
(I use alcohol spray just on the tapes to remove, then shine sprayfor the left over glue. Xx

Hi guys after a bit of advice on tapes!
Iv been doing extensions for approx 5 years now but only started using tapes the past 4 months.. as a lot of you are saying on here the maintenance can be a complete nightmare ! Can anyone recommend a good cleansing shampoo to use once iv removed the tapes as I’m finding there’s still loads of glue in the hair after a couple of washes..I do go back over the hair with the c22 once the tapes are removed but I can still feel build up in the hair.
Can i also ask what people are charging for removal and refit.. ?? with some clients I do this over two fittings but the ones that aren’t local to me this isn’t always possible! iv been charging £60 but tbh it can take the same amount of time if not longer than my other methods micro rings ect where I charge £90.
The maintenance In tapes is real to off putting but I do love the method ! Xx
you need to test some remover which is suit for your tapes, we also have remover, but cannot ship by air,

Last edited by a moderator:
Try just spraying aerosol shine spray... magic... i only spray it on the residue and comb it out with a fine tooth comb.. ALL GONE! No damage.
(I use alcohol spray just on the tapes to remove, then shine sprayfor the left over glue. Xx

What type of aerosol shine spray? Do you have a make?

I know clynol do an aerosol shine spray

Mark Hill do an aerosol shine spray too.

Latest posts

Back