Hair extension training headache!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheSprayTanner

Reaction score
I've spent the best part of a week reading my way through all of the hair extension threads trying to gain some knowledge and to get some help in choosing where to train but I'm none the wiser!

A few names keep cropping up but I really want to make the right choice.....arrggghhhh it's so hard!

Can anyone make any recommendations or point me in the way of a good thread to read? I'd be really grateful.

Thanks in advance

I trained with Oakley and then with KM Training. Oakley I did Nano rings and celebrity weave (basically the same as an la weave but once you have done one row you take half of the hair from one ring, half from the on next to it and then attach those together - personally I think this wastes time and the normal one row is fine, i think it is just done to put their own spin on the LA weave but anyway). In the same week i was offered a place with KM Training to do an LA Weave. I trained from about 10am to 4pm with Oakley doing the two methods, and then 11am to 5pm with KM Training just doing LA Weave so i felt pretty confident when I left.

The ladies at Oakley were brilliant, the class was only the three of us. But also Kyle at LA Weave was brilliant and again there was only three of us and I had even more confidence leaving his training session and the kit was much better. I felt like the KM training was a little more thorough when talking about the consultation, when to not apply extensions etc. Kyle then threw a few questions at us, questions you would get asked when with a client.

The only bad thing about KM is that you have to do a case study before you receive your qualification, I did send mine in about 4 weeks ago and still haven't heard back!

I think KM Training also offer free refresher courses if you are not so confident and I know Okaley offer discounts if you decide to learn another method.

Hope this helps xx

Thanks so much!
Definatley helps, Oakly were one of my shortlisted and I'll have a look at KM training now.
thanks for replying x

I've spent the best part of a week reading my way through all of the hair extension threads trying to gain some knowledge and to get some help in choosing where to train but I'm none the wiser!

A few names keep cropping up but I really want to make the right choice.....arrggghhhh it's so hard!

Can anyone make any recommendations or point me in the way of a good thread to read? I'd be really grateful.

Thanks in advance
Hello! We also offer hair extension training in several methods, which methods are you looking into? x

The only bad thing about KM is that you have to do a case study before you receive your qualification

Compared to some of what I read on here about hair extension courses, I'd see this as a GOOD thing! (Having to do a Case Study, not waiting for your qualification).

Compared to some of what I read on here about hair extension courses, I'd see this as a GOOD thing! (Having to do a Case Study, not waiting for your qualification).
No no, I don't see the case study as a bad thing, its the time it takes to come back to you which is poor.

I trained with Oakley and they were really lovely and helpful.. I'm pretty sure you can also redo the course for free if you feel you're not quite sure on things and they reply to any questions you have even once you've done your training

Hello! We also offer hair extension training in several methods, which methods are you looking into? x
Thanks for replying, I actually messaged you guys on facebook and was asked to email yous for info. I was interested in the three method course on 25th October in London.

Interestingly my shortlist had 3 company's and two have been mentioned! Belle, Oakley and the other one was Gateway. They offer 4 method training for around £275. It's so hard to choose, some courses are £1000+ and others in the £200's, so confusing! Thanks so much to everyone that's replied x

Thanks in advance

Hiya,

Have you heard of Tantrum Hair Extensions in Guildford? I'm the social media manager, we offer training courses for Micro Rings and wholesale discount to help you successfully launch your business. Give us a call 01483 536 200 or visit our website here.

Becca x

Latest posts

Back