Hair extension training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lesley evason

Reaction score
Hello All!

I have decided to go on a training course to do hair extensions. I am not a hairdresser, I have applied micro rings twice on my sister. I have just come off maternity leave and need some flexibility and want to do something new :D I just need a bit of advice!

Firstly, I am looking at Oakley 3 methods in 1 day.. I have seen no bad reviews on them so far!??? Also studio 58 seem cheap as I would prefer to do one method at first but cheap isn't always good... Has anyone done it with them?

Second, I am pretty sure I want to do micro ring training (these seem the most popular) . But I actually don't know what they all are.. Has anyone got any advice about which would be easier for a newby?

I will look at insurance and suppliers after I have decided exactly what I'm doing but if anyone has any useful info/advice it would be much appreciated!!

I trained with belle hair I found them really good but there is mixed reviews maybe depending on area. I'm a hairdresser and found them really good. Hope you get sorted!

I trained with belle hair I found them really good but there is mixed reviews maybe depending on area. I'm a hairdresser and found them really good. Hope you get sorted!
Ahh yeah I have heard bad things about them!! Maybe I'll look at the one near me. Where did you do yours? Thanks for your reply!! X

I did mine in Belfast honey, I think with a lot of training regardless of what it is it depends on the person wether you pick it up or need extra help, and it's the same as anything practise makes perfect. But I do remember them saying if you didn't feel confident you can go back for free. I had to contact them about colours missing from my colour ring (I only recommend using there hair for practise) they were really helpful and got it sorted for me really quickly. I really can't fault them, and the girls that took the class were really lovely x

I went with Oakley and they get my vote x

I'm trying to choose where to train too, I posted recently. I got down to Belle and Oakley, I was about to book with Belle but the website is full of spelling and grammar mistakes, I'm no whizz with this but it does seem unprofessional, it put me off anyway. Hope that doesn't sound too fussy? I just think if your providing training and your website is like that it leaves you to wonder how thorough everything else is x

Last edited:
Thank you for your kind feedback, we are always here if you need advice/help x

Hello All!

I have decided to go on a training course to do hair extensions. I am not a hairdresser, I have applied micro rings twice on my sister. I have just come off maternity leave and need some flexibility and want to do something new :D I just need a bit of advice!

Firstly, I am looking at Oakley 3 methods in 1 day.. I have seen no bad reviews on them so far!??? Also studio 58 seem cheap as I would prefer to do one method at first but cheap isn't always good... Has anyone done it with them?

Second, I am pretty sure I want to do micro ring training (these seem the most popular) . But I actually don't know what they all are.. Has anyone got any advice about which would be easier for a newby?

I will look at insurance and suppliers after I have decided exactly what I'm doing but if anyone has any useful info/advice it would be much appreciated!!

Hello! We offer a wide selection of hair extension methods across our courses, we are also available 12 hours a day every day after your course should you require aftercare assistance or help. We offer free refresher training if you let us know which areas you may need further help with x

I'm trying to choose where to train too, I posted recently. I got down to Belle and Oakley, I was about to book with Belle but the website is full of spelling and grammar mistakes, I'm no whizz with this but it does seem unprofessional, it put me off anyway. Hope that doesn't sound too fussy? I just think if your providing training and your website is like that it leaves you to wonder how thorough everything else is x

I've been looking through all of the posts on here about where to train and have also got down to two! Oakley and Studio58. I've found that Belle has as many negatives as it does positives! I wondered if you'd decided to book with any yet? I'm torn between the two!

I'm doing mine with belle academy on Sunday :D read through the posts on here, and it was between Oakley and belle. Will let you know how to goes ! :p

I'm doing mine with belle academy on Sunday :D read through the posts on here, and it was between Oakley and belle. Will let you know how to goes ! :p

Good luck! Looking forward to hearing how it goes! :) Which technique will you be learning?

Ah thanks girls...
I booked with Oakley I didn't find any bad reviews really... Belle had more negative than positive ad the price wasn't any different so it was a no brainier. I have it on the 16th November so I will let you know how I get on! I chose to do micro rings, fusion bonds and shrink links x

Good luck! Those are the three methods I have been looking into so it will be great to hear how it goes! :)

Good luck! Looking forward to hearing how it goes! :) Which technique will you be learning?
I did the course with belle, and it was very good! the teacher, carol, was very knowledgable and it was a really fun day, enjoyed it and cant wait to start doing this on clients!

I did the course with belle, and it was very good! the teacher, carol, was very knowledgable and it was a really fun day, enjoyed it and cant wait to start doing this on clients!

Thank you! We will let the teacher know of your good review and hope its going well xx

Belle still seems like a winner! Think I'll get booking

How can you be trained in 3 techniques in 1 day? Are you serious?

I trained with studio58. The lady who does all the classes i think is very informative and helpful and won't pass you unless she can see you are good enough. Only downside is I did do 3 methods in a day and do feel that it was too rushed and should of been spread out over 2-3 days. Might go back for a refresher :)

Latest posts

Back