Hair Extension Training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi there, i have done some training i can tell you a company to stay clear of..if you wanna pm me hun..dunno if im allowed to name and shame so to speek!

balmain is a good course to take xx

I Totally agree that Balmain is great for their training ,
BUT their hair is not good ,
I mean the single hair extensions that you're supposed to be be able to re use,
We have never once been able to re use any of them because it went so tatty.

I'm not keen on any hair that has to be put in acid baths and then silicone treated

but I have been informed that the double hair is ok though .:green:

The Balmain training is great & so are the bonds, have to agree with the others that the hair is poor. Minky i have not been able to re-use the double hair, its as bad i'm sorry to say.

The Balmain training is great & so are the bonds, have to agree with the others that the hair is poor. Minky i have not been able to re-use the double hair, its as bad i'm sorry to say.

Hi I'm so glad You told me that about the double hair
I was just about to try some ,:hug: I think that Balmain hair is not root to point correct.
after the silicone coating wears off in about four to six weeks it back combs on itself

Still I loved the training and the conditioning mask,
and the bonds are fab they do not burn and you can roll with your bare fingers straight away,

There are quite a few companies now who are offering hair extension training with no hairdressing experience.

I have been trained in Hair Extensions since 2003 and have a large client base but have no hairdressing qualifications. I am trained in quite a few different methods and have insurance and lots of experience. I am about to embark on a two year Hairdressing Course in September this year.

I have found that you need to keep updated with the training as there are lots of different methods on the hair extension market at present. I have found that one method does not suit everyone and I think with keeping oneself updated in the changing market then you can offer lots of clients different methods.

Have a look round and do your research. If you need any further info on training pm me I can give you a few companies who are excellent.

Depends on what part of the globe you are for training, there is a company called KM HairExtensions training...has anyone heard or had any experience with them. If you are trained by an unqualified company you wont be able to get insurance and if you do any future claims will be void.........sooo be careful, its a jungle out there :eek:

Has anyone had any experience with or heard of KM Hair Extensions training...? You do not need to be a hairdresser and they give you details of an insurance company for when you complete your course/s. It all seems legit.........Any advice appreciated.

Hi, I along with other in house salon trainers have trained hairdressers who are NVQ 2 and 3 in the art of hair extensions within the salons where we assessed and trained .

We had guided lesson plans and key points covered , and also lots of visuals
all training was performed on head blocks until the students were deemed confident enough pass the unit, also all the students knew how to cut the hair already

Insurance company's
usually state that as long as they are fully qualified stylists then they are automatically insured to do hair extensions within their usual hairdressing insurance policy :hug: x

I think all qualified hairdressers should just check out their policy's and give their insurance company a ring just in case.

Also you will find some really good insurance company's right here on salon geek hth

Last edited:
No, I have never heard of them at all , what does the KM stand for ? thanks in advance x

Latest posts

Back