Hair extension training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dont touch eloquent hair with a bargepole!

theres a website called www.brazillianextensions.com, its not a real proffesional looking website but contact the woman and she will train. Brazillian extensions are apllied differently but are so much better than macro-coils and bonding. Please check out his technique, its threaded into hear with bands-kinda hard to explain- but the most natrul looking. Cant remeber how much the course i but well worth it!

theres a website called www.brazillianextensions.com, its not a real proffesional looking website but contact the woman and she will train. Brazillian extensions are apllied differently but are so much better than macro-coils and bonding. Please check out his technique, its threaded into hear with bands-kinda hard to explain- but the most natrul looking. Cant remeber how much the course i but well worth it!

Hi Kalaa I cant find them :cry: could you give a direct link , many thanks :hug:

hi, Thanks everybody for the info im new to here so not sure how to thank people directly, i think ill go with cinderella hair extensions or additional lenghts. They have sent me the info and they both look very proffesional and the hair they use seems to be quality, Thanks all

Welcome to Brazil Extensions this woman will train if required, its a brilliant technique. Please dont be fooled by the site the gallary's not great and this is not a technique only to be applied to afro/carribean hair. I've seen it done on lots of brazilian women and it look great.

Welcome to Brazil Extensions this woman will train if required, its a brilliant technique. Please dont be fooled by the site the gallary's not great and this is not a technique only to be applied to afro/carribean hair. I've seen it done on lots of brazilian women and it look great.

Thank you Kalaa for putting the direct link :)
Im going to have a good nose around the site :hug: x

I live in Toronto, Ontario. If you happen to live close to here, I work in an extension studio and the owner of the salon teaches classes every couple of months. The classes teach you everything you need to know about extensions and you get a mannequin head, and all the extension supplies to take home with you upon completion of the course. Let me know if you are interested. The number for the salon is 416-920-6660. Have a nice day.

Last edited:
I nearly got duped by eloquent hair myself, but have now decided to go with prostyles.. They offer both synthetic and human hair options which i think is really good as some people disagree with where human hair is sourced from, and would prefer synthetic... they are a habia approved company also :)

I've been playing at dong hair extensions on myself (would never touch anyone else!) I just wondered if anyone knew of a hair extension training course? Thanks everyone x

It would depend on if you want to learn the singles or the weave, the weave is the best way to learn to do it on yourself, and it would be affordable,
5hr with a kit $550. go to wavelength hair studio

Last edited by a moderator:
"A nail tech should do manicure before progressing onto enhancements,yet a hair extensionist needs no knowlegdge of hair whatsoever"

Bit harsh isn't it? And certainly not true if they're trained properly and professionaly. It's just a different set of skills and certainly no less valid.

I agree that there are "bad" extensionists out there but certainly no more than there are under-qualified and poorly trained hair messers! :lol:

"A nail tech should do manicure before progressing onto enhancements,yet a hair extensionist needs no knowlegdge of hair whatsoever"

Bit harsh isn't it? And certainly not true if they're trained properly and professionaly. It's just a different set of skills and certainly no less valid.

I agree that there are "bad" extensionists out there but certainly no more than there are under-qualified and poorly trained hair messers! :lol:

Not harsh at all,i spent two years of hard graft to become a "good" hairdresser.

Within a matter of days it isn't possible to learn all the necessary h+s a+p as well as contraindications,hairgrowth pattern,hair types and textures etc as well as learning how to apply,style and maintain hair extensions.

Obviously you'll disagree,hey it's your buisness and if everyone agreed with me you would it would have a detrimental affect on you,i understand that,but what i will say is you won't find many qualified proffessional and passionate hairdressers who disagree with me.

I'm all for hair extensions but IMO it should be a course available to ONLY qualified hairdressers

I actually think we're agreeing here! :lol:

The point im trying to make is that they should be trained professionaly. I just thought that the phrase "yet a hair extensionist needs no knowlegdge of hair whatsoever" was rather a sweeping statement.

"Within a matter of days it isn't possible to learn.." Absolutely, agreed again, which is why of the more professional hair extension trainers wont allow people onto the course who arent at least level 2 qualified- Racoon International for example.

There are a lot of very good qualified hair extensionists and hairdressers offering extensions- similaly there are a lot of poorly trained ones that give professionals like ourselves a bad name!

That's a very fair point,i wish more would take Racoon's lead,but i'm hopefull it time that will happen :D

Be very wary of Great Lengths hair extension training. They are very good, the hair is superb but it will cost about £3000 for a one day course and the kit. We have done a few Great Lengths extensions at the salon and the prices are quite high. Its even quite pricy to buy the hair from them.

We switched to Balmain last year and found them to be just as good. The training and kit were supplied through Barkers, our hairdressing wholesaler. The kit and training only came to about £300 and it was quite in depth. The hair is much cheaper to buy and they offer 100% human hair and synthetic hair too.

Our hairdresser went on a course with Paul Falltricks in Romford on how to cut the extensions once they had been put in and it has made all the difference to the outcome. This course cost about £250 but was definitely worth every penny.

Hope some of this is helpful

Chris

Be very wary of Great Lengths hair extension training. They are very good, the hair is superb but it will cost about £3000 for a one day course and the kit. We have done a few Great Lengths extensions at the salon and the prices are quite high. Its even quite pricy to buy the hair from them.

We switched to Balmain last year and found them to be just as good. The training and kit were supplied through Barkers, our hairdressing wholesaler. The kit and training only came to about £300 and it was quite in depth. The hair is much cheaper to buy and they offer 100% human hair and synthetic hair too.

Our hairdresser went on a course with Paul Falltricks in Romford on how to cut the extensions once they had been put in and it has made all the difference to the outcome. This course cost about £250 but was definitely worth every penny.

Hope some of this is helpful

Chris

Hi Chris , I was trained with Balmain too ,
I do the single strand method,
I actually found the training to be fantastic ,

but the singles extension hair I wasn't too fussy on and would not trust it

as it turned very tatty and matted after around 4 salon visits and had to be removed well before the usual 3 months of recommended wearing time ,

(and that was following all their aftercare right to to the letter ).

I wonder are you using the single strand method too ?
or is it the 6 week double hair that you use ?

I have heard that the double hair is good :hug:

Last edited:
another place to avoid is connect 2 hair!! their training courses are very expensive and pass anyone.theyre then given a certificate to say they are now members of the guild of professional hair extensionists and can now use the letters M.G.P.H.E after their name!! there is no such guild its just something connect 2 hair invented!! the people i know that have trained at this place are really not safe to be let loose on other peoples hair!

What a shock to see this post slating CONNECT-2-HAIR who have trained over 650 students, over the last 7 years, train for THE PRINCE'S TRUST, are HABIA APPROVED, and the tutor is City & Guilds Certificated.

:cry:

connect-2-hair have been teaching hair extensions for 7 years, and have tutored over 650 students. They are HABIA APPROVED company and the tutor is City & Guilds certificated to teach hair extensions. Take care when choosing a hair extension company, if the tutor is unqualified to teach, and the company is not registered, then your insurance will be NUL AND VOID. take care and do your homework

Balmain's hair quality is incredibly poor. I removed mine after three weeks due to excessive tangling, matting and the fact that I couldn't wear my hair down (which defeats the purpose of having extensions) and I have been fighting for weeks for a refund.

6 month guarantee my butt!!!! they don't stand behind their product and so many women are in my position that I am starting a lawsuit in Canada to help myself and other women in my position get their money back. Anyone interested????:irked:

I had four great experiences with Great Lengths extensions over the past few years.

Latest posts

Back