Hair extensions advice needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mollie Tate

Reaction score
Hi I recently qualified in a hair Extensions course with glamorous length however I’m struggling to get it going (neither for myself or for the company I work for). How should I advertise them (I’ve have offered them on my Facebook) but once people had come in for a consultation they either didn’t want to put a deposit down or didn’t want to pay what I was asking for them - what should u do???

I would go for a different brand of hair extensions as GL is pretty pricey.

I think at this time of year it is hard to get new clients. Keep promoting and once December sets in you can build alot easier. Every year we get new clients just before Xmas and new years, as they have been to other techs who have installed their hair badly. They come to us as they have been frightened off from the cheaper prices. (Our prices are mid to high end and slightly above average for the area).

I suggest you charge for consultations, that way clients are paying for your time and skill. Each time a 'potential' client sits in your chair whilst you are giving them value information and they walk away, without paying is money and time lost.
From charging a fee you will then get serious clients wanting to book in and not price comparing and messing you around. Hope things pick up for you soon, it's not easy starting out around this time of year x

I agree with Charlotte try another supplier something more people can afford and offer a discount for models etc xx

Latest posts

Back