Hair extensions aftercare

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonkers

Reaction score
I am finally getting my hair extensions fitted on saturday, Im hoping that they are good i have spoken to a few ladies that had this particular girl do theirs and they said they have been fab, only difference is they didnt go for the cinderella hair.

So does anyone have any advice for aftercare for me as im spending alot of money i want them to last well, The lady is freelance so i know she doesnt have shampoos and conditioners in stock i have to order them, so which shampoo and conditioner should i buy and any other products I am going for body wave in angel white i think. As you can tell im very excited but so scared i will ruin them, do i need to apply anything to keep the bounce, Thanks for yoru replies in advanced.

Hi Kelsha , I think someone already posted an after care leaflet on here but your extensionist should always give you one of these as they are very important

I use shampoo from Banbury Postiche it's really lovely but it will need to be ordered from your professional hairdresser / extensionist
The other one is from the Pureology range that Persianista reccomends

keep all conditioners away from the bonds
also avoid tugging or pulling the bonds
avoid any exsessive heat and the straighteners near the bonds ...

and there are loads more do's and don'ts

Blonde hair always needs more care than darker shades
as it has to be bleached up too ,
but if the hair is good hair then it should fare quite well with a good aftercare plan .

If the hair is not good and it is turned and over processed, unfortunately you will soon find out after a few washes
as it will become very dry knotty tangle and nothing much will help restore it once it starts to matt .

I do hope you get the good quality hair though and good results .
let us know , good luck

Thank you very much, I will ask her to order me some shampoos, also would you recommend the hair extensions loop brush? i have been doing lots of research and feel like i am annoying her a little as every time i have a question i ask her lol. I am so used to having highlights done and thats about it with my hair care im pretty low maintenance so really want to look after these, I really hope that they are good quality as i have paid extra for the cinderella hair, well we can only see by trying these out but if they are rubbish i will find someone else.

I rec Pureology hydrate shampoo and conditioner. As Minky said, dont condition the scalp or bonds though.
PM me your address if you want a sample posted to you.
The range is all on my haircare site under pureology.

Thank you very much, I will ask her to order me some shampoos, also would you recommend the hair extensions loop brush? i have been doing lots of research and feel like i am annoying her a little as every time i have a question i ask her lol. I am so used to having highlights done and thats about it with my hair care im pretty low maintenance so really want to look after these, I really hope that they are good quality as i have paid extra for the cinderella hair, well we can only see by trying these out but if they are rubbish i will find someone else.

The actual Cinderella shampoo and conditioner are lovely, very hydrating and smell gorgeous. the Cinderella leavin in conditioning spray is fab too. Well worth investing in especially as you are going for the angel white. Pretty high maintenance as so light.
The Other product that will keep these in great condition is the Morrocon oil/ Macadamia Healing/ Argan oils. But keep well away from the bond.
Ifr you can wash the extensions as little as possible. just wash your hair at the top and maybe the extensions every other time.
I personally ( and client feedback ) do not like the Cinderella loop brush but i supply the Balmain hair extension brush to my clients. Can be purchased from Capital.
The body wave is only temporary though as its a steamed process so this will slowly drop out.
Although you are going for one of the most high maintenance of the range, if you follow a great aftercare regime Cinderella hair is pretty high quality so enjoy x

i have the individual bonds in at the moment. i use the balmain hair ext shampoo and conditioner. also additional lengths do a 5 product pack which sells for around £55 in salons or cheaper on their website. it consists of shampoo, conditioner, shimmer spray, serum and a vitamin treatment (leave in cond) hope this help xx:)

Latest posts

Back