Hair extensions and creating clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natlamb

Reaction score
Does anyone do hair extensions?, I qualified in January and haven't had 1 customer yet... I do loads of advertising and my prices are really reasonable I don't understand whats going on.... just wanting to know if anyone has advise to create clientel??

Does anyone do hair extensions?, I qualified in January and haven't had 1 customer yet... I do loads of advertising and my prices are really reasonable I don't understand whats going on.... just wanting to know if anyone has advise to create clientel??

Hi have you done models so you have good pictures to advertise your business with?

I am the same, I done my course in march last year and done models to get before and after pictures. I advertised but still haven't had any clients, none at all! I have a few girls in my area that do extensions so it's hard for me to get clients. I am a hairdresser aswell so it's not like I have no work at all, I am kept busy with colours, cuts etc. my advice would be to do as many models as you can to get lots and lots of pictures and do deals. People love a bargain! X

Yeah have done models, I have some great deals on but its really hard feel like im doing something wrong :/

I've been doing hair extensions 4 years unfortunately because so many people are doing the courses it's become more competitive and harder to get new clients.

I advertise on Facebook and have a website and my business is on google maps that helps drive a lot of my business as long as you keep it up to date it will stay in the 1st page or two of Google :)

I also have business cards with stamps on the back offering money off and free maintenance which keeps me clients as well. You will find as well as the warmer weather is coming more girls want extensions so don't panic normally the first few months of the year tend not to be busy which is why I've just done a gel polish course in shellac just to keep me busy in the quieter weeks and months :phone this helps x

Personally, I think extensions are slowly but steadily losing their appeal. The whole thing has been fizzling out for a few years now and I don't see it going anywhere.
Location is also a factor for sure as they are more popular in some places than in others, but overall the trend seems to be moving away from extensions. It's just the way fashion goes and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

Personally, I think extensions are slowly but steadily losing their appeal. The whole thing has been fizzling out for a few years now and I don't see it going anywhere.
Location is also a factor for sure as they are more popular in some places than in others, but overall the trend seems to be moving away from extensions. It's just the way fashion goes and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

Really? I think that's a very personal statement...my client base is growing weekly and I now only do hair extensions. Its only going to become more popular. Long hair will never go out of fashion.

That is very lucky for you, but I don't see how hair extensions could become any more popular. As I said, it depends on your location, but overall the trend is waning.
Long hair was fashionable way before extensions were invented, but nowadays you can find any hairstyle amongst people of any age group. It's not as if the only way to having long hair is to get extensions, so many young girls have their own long hair.
It might be just my impression, but I don't see extensions having this amazing future. Coloring and cutting will always be around though.

That is very lucky for you, but I don't see how hair extensions could become any more popular. As I said, it depends on your location, but overall the trend is waning.
Long hair was fashionable way before extensions were invented, but nowadays you can find any hairstyle amongst people of any age group. It's not as if the only way to having long hair is to get extensions, so many young girls have their own long hair.
It might be just my impression, but I don't see extensions having this amazing future. Coloring and cutting will always be around though.

Most of my clients already have long hair but want it thicker, such a great confident boost i know as recently getting mine done i feel 100 times better definatly wont be fizzling out with me xx

I couldn't agree more. I have had extensions for 25 years now. The reason being my own hair is very fine and never grows below shoulder length. Extensions have given me an amazing confidence which I would truly be lost without. Not having extensions in for a couple of days makes me depressed!
Also extensions are not just about adding length, but as already said, they can provide, colour, highlights, thickness, texture and of course length. Beautiful long thick locks will always be in fashion and will always be out of reach for lots of people without extensions. I personally hope they continue to thrive!!! xx

I couldn't agree more. I have had extensions for 25 years now. The reason being my own hair is very fine and never grows below shoulder length. Extensions have given me an amazing confidence which I would truly be lost without. Not having extensions in for a couple of days makes me depressed!
Also extensions are not just about adding length, but as already said, they can provide, colour, highlights, thickness, texture and of course length. Beautiful long thick locks will always be in fashion and will always be out of reach for lots of people without extensions. I personally hope they continue to thrive!!! xx

Everyone by me wants them, they save up and get them done & love them. Hair is one of the most important things to a womans appearence! I hope It will never go out of fashion xx

Latest posts

Back