Hair extensions coming out at the root!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evissa_

Reaction score
I need some help, i do beauty so dont know much about hair... i had micro loop hair extensions fitted about 5-6 weeks ago , for the first 2 weeks they were fine then they started falling out...with my hair attatched!! the girl that did them at the timee told me anything from 1-10 falling out is fine, ive now had about 20 and all with my hair attatched...ive been doing everything she told me to regards to caring for them i bought the right shampoo and conditoner hair extension brush tangle teezer and hair mask to use.

ive now got lots of bald patches...i spoke to the girl yesterday and basically all the blame was put on me saying ive been tugging them when wet or my hair is to fine, and she left it at that didnt even offer to come and look at them or anything.

im just looking for some advice from the experts... is she right? is there anything else i can do? can i ask for her insurance details and speak to them??

many thanks

:(

Hi I would contact her again dash for them to be looked at and removed they could have been put in too close to your root or there maybe not enough of your own hair attached the extension strand therefore too much weight on the strand if she refuses to come and look at them and remove them then Ask for insurance details x

Same thing happened to me.. Had loads come out.. She was blaming me for being to heavy handed and pulling at them. But would literally fall out when lightly brushing... Had them taken out, had a break for a bit and then had the keratin bonds in.. Never has problems with them ones.. Hope you get them sorted x

omg they need looking at i cant belive she wont look at them! sounds like possibly not enough hair in each one is your hair fine? i will only do micro rings on medium or thick hair.

Hope u can get it sorted! :hug:

have u had severe itching and red bumps on your scalp too??

You need to have these removed, with your hair being fine it is likely there is not enough of your own hair in each rinf to support the weight of the hair. You should only of been considered for prebonded x I'd remove, have a rest and let your own hair recover, then if you try again in the future go with another method. In the short term try a halo or clip ins for a short term fix x

I need some help, i do beauty so dont know much about hair... i had micro loop hair extensions fitted about 5-6 weeks ago , for the first 2 weeks they were fine then they started falling out...with my hair attatched!! the girl that did them at the timee told me anything from 1-10 falling out is fine, ive now had about 20 and all with my hair attatched...ive been doing everything she told me to regards to caring for them i bought the right shampoo and conditoner hair extension brush tangle teezer and hair mask to use.

ive now got lots of bald patches...i spoke to the girl yesterday and basically all the blame was put on me saying ive been tugging them when wet or my hair is to fine, and she left it at that didnt even offer to come and look at them or anything.

im just looking for some advice from the experts... is she right? is there anything else i can do? can i ask for her insurance details and speak to them??

many thanks

With the person saying to you 'or your hair is too fine'
Alarm bells are ringing!
If your hair was too fine she should of Gone through this in consultation and shouldn't of fitted them if I'm honest,
I personally Would of avoided micro loop on fine hair and recommended a different method...
Call her
Get her out to look at them
As an extensionist it is her responsibility to take a look and resolve it!
Hope you get sorted xx

Thanks for the replies, my hair is on the fine side i still have a lot of fine baby hair...at 27!! i will get in touch with her to remove the hair as i dont want anymore to fall out and think next time i will go with the bonds they sound better for my hair. helen780cat yes around the bottom of my hair line is really itchy and a few small bumps i can feel also but nothing to overly worry me...apart from the baldness hah..xx

the itching, spots and hair coming from the root it not a good sign and signs of traction from too much weight, small sections and poor fitting! they def need removing immediately! if she wont do it find another extensionist too!
tho she blooming should its her mess!!!!
let us know how u get on with her :)

Bare in mind you do loose some of your natural hair daily and these will just be stuck in the micro ring until they are removed or maintained. Your hair should certainly not be coming out from the roots though! Get them removed id say! X

many thanks

Did the hairdresser use a cleansing shampoo before and dry off before starting application?
Have the loop got a rubber or silicone inner tube to hold the hair perfectly in place ?
Are your extensions beginning to knot up at the root ?
If your scale is lumpy possibly her sections her to big ie too much hair being forced into the loop causing tension
Also are u using a extension brush and brushing gently from the bottom upwards
U defiantly need to go back any good hair extension technician will be happy to deal with this issue
However it doesn’t sound like there were put in properly x

Latest posts

Back