Hair extensions complaint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fayelx

Reaction score
Hi,

Please can somebody help me...
I don't personally do hair or extensions but my friend is a qualified hairdresser and also qualified in extensions (mobile).

She has fitted some extensions for a girl who claims to be a hairdresser. The girl told her what colour she wanted. When my friend got to her house to apply the hair she has chosen was a lightwr shade of blonde than her hair colour. The girl said that this was fine because she was getting it coloured at work (salon).

Her hair was very greasy and messy upon application, however my friend applied and informed the client that she wasn't really happy with how they looked because of the colour issue. The client again said that she didn't want her to colour it as she was having this done at the salon.

My friend stupidly didn't take a deposit for the hair and left without any money (agreed beforehand) as the girl (who was a friend of a friend) was paying her the following week after payday.

The client has now been in touch stating that she has been into the salon and claiming that she has done a terrible job and that there isn't enough hair in. My friend advised her that she would happily try and add more hair but believed she hadid put as much as she could in. The client then replied stating that she wauntie paying her for anything and she will send the hair back when she has taken this out. My friend replied stating that she would rather take them out with the correct equipment and she said she didn't want her to do it- she will get somebody else to.

This was over a week ago. Since, she has uploaded photos onto Facebook with her lovely extensions all curled and looking nice. My friend text her today basically saying that she hasnt had them taken out and is clearly happy with them so can she pay now... the client has now uploaded photos onto her Facebook slandering my friend (along with her full name) and hasn't stated once that she refused for my friend to colour the hair. My friend now has random people adding her and awful comments about her on the post. One saying to 'take the hair out and wrap it around her neck'!!

She has messaged my friend stating that she will not be paying for the hair and that she's lucky she isn't taking her to court. My friend has reported the post on Facebook for slander, however where does she stand in regards to the hair and payment?

Can anybody please help?

Thank you in advance. XX

She can pursue the client through the small claims court. The local advice centre should be able to help her complete the paperwork. There's no guarantee that she'll win her case as it depends on the evidence she's Able to provide.

However, it sounds like your friend is very inexperienced and she's presumably learnt a hard lesson about never ever offering credit...!

1. Never undertake a service without a full consultation beforehand.

2. Only purchase the hair after taking a cash deposit that covers the full cost of the hair. If they can't afford it 'till payday, tough luck!

I really can't understand why your friend would purchase the hair without seeing her client in person and matching the colour herself?

If the client wants to be a different colour, every hairdresser/extensionist knows to colour the hair first before trying to match already coloured extensions to the new colour.

She has definitely learnt from this and will never offer credit again. She assumed with it been a friend of a friend that this would work out ok but unfortunately it hasn't!

She works across a few cities and with the other girl been a hairdresser she assumed that she would be to match this up herself. Again another silly mistake as the girl pushed for this rather than my waiting a few days for my friend to be where she lives!

The girl insisted from the off that she didn't want my friend to colour it she would do all of that herself. She is more worried about been named on Facebook without the full story been out there. She has reported the post to Facebook but they won't take it down!

Latest posts

Back