Hair extensions consumer query

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkcouture

Reaction score
I had Balmain hair extensions fitted 2 and a half weeks ago. On the day I had them coloured as well. After 2 washes the colour had pretty much all come out and since then I have lost 4 bonds. I'm abit concerned because some of the bonds look like they had pulled/snapped my hair off with them. I have had extensions before and I only lost 2 in the whole 3 months i had them in! Is it normal to be losing bonds already, the first one came out less than a week after i had them fitted. I have been using the Joico sulphate free shampoo and conditioner they recommended to me and no other products, I also dry the hair and bonds straight after washing. Apart from this i have used no other products except hairspray once because i curled it for a wedding. Any advice/opinions much appreciated.

Can anyone help??

Did they give you a bottle of ph balancer for after washing? Is your hair fine? I find balmains are super heavy and not ideal for fine hair. But they definately should have given you the proper after care pack

All i got was hair brush, no written aftercare etc. my hair is quite fine but there is a lot of it. Its funny you should say they are heavy because i thought they felt heavy after fitting compared to others I've had before. Do you think I should go back? I have lost 3 more bonds since yesterday just from brushing my hair.

Definately go back. We do balmains at my work and they get a pack with ph balancer shampoo conditioner and brush. They should last 6-8 weeks. I has balmains micro beaded in ( naughty I know) and they were so heavy! I ended up taking them out within 2 weeks I found them itchy too

Mine have been a bit itchy. I went back and they were really nice, she said the bonds look good, she added some in and advised me not to brush it when wet so I will see how that goes. Thank you for your help :)

That's good then :) I used to comb mine when wet as they were so so notty otherwise. But just held the bonds and brushed the lengths so there wasn't any tension on the root area

Latest posts

Back