Hair extensions courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

posh totty

Reaction score
Hi, I really want to do a hair extension course and I would just like to know what one is a good one to do (method etc) and who with ??????

I've found E.G hair extension services who I haven't actually heard of before...they seem quite reasonable and they come to your salon etc....

Any advice would be greatly appreciated ..thanks x

Hi , if you go to the navigation bar at the top of the page then go to search and then type in
(
best method of hair extensions? )
you will find lots of discussions about this topic :hug: HTH

hi posh totty

i would say research your training alot and take your time to pick training that is right for you

i wish you all the best of luck hun

Last edited:
Right guys, I have just deleted the last two posts. So Fificharlie and Rebekah wont wonder what happend to them.

Right to add my tuppence worth to this saga.
This is the original question:
Hi, I really want to do a hair extension course and I would just like to know what one is a good one to do (method etc) and who with ??????

I've found E.G hair extension services who I haven't actually heard of before...they seem quite reasonable and they come to your salon etc....

Any advice would be greatly appreciated ..thanks x
Thanks to all those that have replied with sound advise..... training is the way to go, no matter who you decide to choose.
No good me giving out any advise I am a Nail Geek and know sod all about hair......

We are a professional forum that supports and helps professionals that are just starting out, want to expand their services or just plain need guidance.
We pride ourself on here for being professional not just in knowledge but also in conduct.
Dummy spitting and toy chucking is not appreciated on here unless it is for a good cause and raises shed loads of money for a charity....

So keep it pleasant, keep it clean and keep it professional.....and stick to the thread subject please

Last edited:
Do you have to be a trained hairdresser to go on a hair extension course?

If you do, what level of training do you have to have???

Thanks

x

Do you have to be a trained hairdresser to go on a hair extension course?

If you do, what level of training do you have to have???

Thanks

x

I don't think you do....there is a geek on here called tammyleicester who does extensions and she isn't a hairdresser...apparently she is very good.

I don't think you do....there is a geek on here called tammyleicester who does extensions and she isn't a hairdresser...apparently she is very good.

Cool...

I have always wanted to do them but i thought you had to be a trained hairdresser so i have never looked about for courses!!!

Thanks bagpuss...

Am all excited now! hehehe...

Just to back Ruth up in this thread, I have further deleted another umpteen posts from this thread and issued infractions accordingly because ruth was too nice :)

I also deleted any other posts that referenced the lame ones (just in case youre wondering where they went ;) )
Keep on topic please.

Cool...

I have always wanted to do them but i thought you had to be a trained hairdresser so i have never looked about for courses!!!

Thanks bagpuss...

Am all excited now! hehehe...

Gems , give us ring or a pm or somesuch I did hair extentions.....but can strongly advise who to stay clear off!!!! Incidentally I would love to practice on someone so if you ever fancy being a model I do 8 techniques and have loads of hair in stock!!

Do you have to be a trained hairdresser? No, it's a different skill employing entirely different techniques. In the salon environment you'd have a stylist colouring and styling once you've done your bit......usually.

Depends why you want training- is it to set up your own business? Do you want to work in a salon? Or is it to do your mates hair....:lol:

Why not find your local extensionist and ask for advice? Have a go at making clip-ins and placing them correctly. But dont be tempted to just "give it a go" - from our experience we've found that a poorly trained extensionist will cause a client nightmares!

If you're interested in setting up your own extensions business then just as importantly you need to be finding the right products.

We've been in the business for over 10 years from our Cheshire salon obviously the key to our business has been finding the best hair available- we've used all the major "brands" out there and found them disappointing- so we scoured the globe and went straight to the source- and we honestly believe we've found the best hair currently available on the UK market today.

Last edited:
Do you have to be a trained hairdresser? No, it's a different skill employing entirely different techniques. In the salon environment you'd have a stylist colouring and styling once you've done your bit......usually.

Depends why you want training- is it to set up your own business? Do you want to work in a salon? Or is it to do your mates hair....:lol:

Why not find your local extensionist and ask for advice? Have a go at making clip-ins and placing them correctly. But dont be tempted to just "give it a go" - from our experience we've found that a poorly trained extensionist will cause a client nightmares!

If you're interested in setting up your own extensions business then just as importantly you need to be finding the right products.

We've been in the business for over 10 years from our Cheshire salon obviously the key to our business has been finding the best hair available- we've used all the major "brands" out there and found them disappointing- so we scoured the globe and went straight to the source- and we honestly believe we've found the best hair currently available on the UK market today.

Do you's do training?

No sorry! We're too busy with either doing extensions ourselves or looking after our new website!

One thing to think about however, is the problem of insurance. Im not sure if this is the case now, but Racoon, for example, would insist on you being a trained hairdresser for insurance reasons. i.e. someone sueing if they ended up losing patches of hair.

Dont let this put you off though!!

Hi posh totty here is a link that may help you decide
I myself trained with Balmain at Salons Direct
the training I received was absolutely fantastic and very thorough ,
I went on the color and design course which is single strand extensions

I love balmain bonds and a few other overseas and UK company's are really good too,

I don't use Balmain hair as I prefer to use my own type of European hair but a lot of people on this site use Balmain hair and apparently the six week reusable double hair has good reviews
but that is just personal preference ,
here is the link

http://www.salongeek.com/hair-geek/...raining.html?highlight=hair+extension+courses

good luck :hug: x

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back