Hair extensions disaster - I'm so annoyed at myself!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another danger of sending them off to the hairdressers is that unless the hairdresser has trained in extensions they won't know how to cut them either.

Be mindful that cutting extensions is done totally different from cutting natural hair. 😉

Another danger of sending them off to the hairdressers is that unless the hairdresser has trained in extensions they won't know how to cut them either.

Be mindful that cutting extensions is done totally different from cutting natural hair. 😉

I'm so glad u said that as the lady who taught me hair extensions and to cut and blend them told me the same x

Hi.
Maybe for future reference when your carrying out a consultation with a clent keep in mind that the blunter and sharper the cut,the harder it will be to blend.
The secret to great hair extensions is that nobody notices them,so if you start with a soft cut it will blend perfectly as long as youve added enough hair.
How many bonds did you fit and how far up did you place them?
Did you blend more than 1 extension colour together?
I very rarely use just 1 colour as i find adding an extra tone will make the hair look even more natural/blended.
x

Hey there sorry to butt in but when putting the two colours in to blend would you cut the bonds in half and stick them in as one? Thank you xx

Hey there sorry to butt in but when putting the two colours in to blend would you cut the bonds in half and stick them in as one? Thank you xx
Yes.I normally cut the bonds length ways and then bond together whilst rolling between fingers to blend the colours evenly iykwim!I normally then cut more bond off again as it can make the bond thicker.
I only have 1 client that doesnt have blended tones as she had jet black hair on the cool side (her dad is Vietnamese) but everyone elses gets blended generally as i will normally colour before the consult and most heads of hair that i seem to get always throw up some amount of warmth.I find some of the extension colours just a little too flat and when i first started applying extensions i found if i didnt blend more than 1 tone i was never 100 % happy,although the clients were over the moon with it.

Cutting extension hair is totally different to cutting normal hair aswell and it takes alot of practice and patience to blend/cut them if you dont have a trained eye.

I have replyed to posts on here before many times in regard to the whole adding extensions but not being a hairdresser/trained etc and i still totally stand by that,so the best thing for you to do would be to get yourself on a cutting course.Not only will you gain knowledge but it will also make you more aware of the human hair and all that comes with working with it.

It isnt as easy as it looks sometimes x

Yes.I normally cut the bonds length ways and then bond together whilst rolling between fingers to blend the colours evenly iykwim!I normally then cut more bond off again as it can make the bond thicker.
I only have 1 client that doesnt have blended tones as she had jet black hair on the cool side (her dad is Vietnamese) but everyone elses gets blended generally as i will normally colour before the consult and most heads of hair that i seem to get always throw up some amount of warmth.I find some of the extension colours just a little too flat and when i first started applying extensions i found if i didnt blend more than 1 tone i was never 100 % happy,although the clients were over the moon with it.

Cutting extension hair is totally different to cutting normal hair aswell and it takes alot of practice and patience to blend/cut them if you dont have a trained eye.

I have replyed to posts on here before many times in regard to the whole adding extensions but not being a hairdresser/trained etc and i still totally stand by that,so the best thing for you to do would be to get yourself on a cutting course.Not only will you gain knowledge but it will also make you more aware of the human hair and all that comes with working with it.

It isnt as easy as it looks sometimes x

Ah ok thank you very much :) x

Latest posts

Back