Hair extensions gone dry and knotted after 9 days

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beauty_Geek

Reaction score
Hi geeks

I got some extensions fitted last Saturday and they feel awful! I've not even washed them yet just my own hair as they are so knotty and dry and just awful and I don't want to make them worse. I've been oiling them twice a day.

Half way through the treatment I realised they were fitting a weft and not individuals. They described it as micro bonds which I took to be similar to micro rings or loops. They stop half way down my head and I have very short hair. They didn't blend the back. I had to beg them to fit a section at the side as it was so obvious! Because it's a weft my hair and the extensions are completely separate and so obvious!

If you had a client come back after a week saying this what would you do? I'm just really unhappy with it but I think I'm just going to get fobbed off.

I am trained in fitting extensions but haven't fit any clients yet so have no experience with dealing with complaints.

Any tips

Thanks in advance

X

I would complain but if you were wanting individual stick tip ( micro ring ) you shouldn't have let them fit a micro weft really though, also oiling the hair twice a day won't really help , even cheap Chinese hair should last longer than 9 days so I'd also ask where the hair was from, x

When did it start to go dry?? How many days after? Why haven't you washed it? I can't imagine oiling the hair twice a day for 9 days and no washing with no use of conditioner has done the hair any good x

They said to only wash once a week and oil twice daily more if I wanted. Because they've been doing it longer than me and I didn't know the hair I followed their aftercare. It's been very dry now for about a week.

I'd already paid in advance so they could order hair and it wasn't until they'd done 2 of 3 wefts that I realised it wasnt individuals.

X

Do you know what hair type it was or where it was from?

They said it was their "mid range AAA" hair but that's all. I can't imagine they'll tell me where they got them from either...

Xx

they were never right from day 1 were they hunny :hug:

I dont know about oiling them? ive never heard that before unless it's morroccan oil? How are the bonds now? Do you think if you washed, deep conditioned & protein sprayed the hair & they were revived you'd be ok with them?

You need to contact the person who did your hair and tell them what's going in and that your not happy. If you leave it you won't get anywhere and you have wasted all that money.

If they won't tell you where the wefts are from then I'd worry, if they purchased them from a reputable supplier then surely they will contact the supplier on your behalf.

Hi geeks just to let you know tried all your tips and they're still awful. Feel like I've had in for months. Am going back to the salon on sat and will let you know what they say :) fingers crossed xxx

at night time your supposed to put them into a loose bun or loose braid, did you do that? otherwise it will become matte and really knotty!

They said to only wash once a week and oil twice daily more if I wanted. Because they've been doing it longer than me and I didn't know the hair I followed their aftercare. It's been very dry now for about a week.

I'd already paid in advance so they could order hair and it wasn't until they'd done 2 of 3 wefts that I realised it wasnt individuals.

X

They said to only wash it once a week and oil twice a day?!........ Sounds to me That they knew it was crap hair to begin with!!!!!! Never heard of anything like it!

Yeah bun or braid depending on if I want it wavy in the morning...
Think ur right about knowing The quality of the hair as well xx

Latest posts

Back