Hair extensions gone pink?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ParissD

Reaction score
Evening pros,

I need some help. So I fitted some extensions around a month ago max. Brazilian ones, and my lady has been on holiday and they’ve turned a tinge of pink ?!?

Any ideas what I can do or why ? I’ve not heard of this before ! They’ve only gone to Tenerife

Thanks x

Evening pros,

I need some help. So I fitted some extensions around a month ago max. Brazilian ones, and my lady has been on holiday and they’ve turned a tinge of pink ?!?

Any ideas what I can do or why ? I’ve not heard of this before ! They’ve only gone to Tenerife

Thanks x
Something similar happened to me my client wanted to make her extensions a warmer blonde so I put 9.3 on to tone for a couple of minutes and she called a few days later saying they’d gone pink. All I can think of is that the chemicals used to treat the extensions had reacted with the toner in my case , or maybe chlorine if your client has been swimming on holiday? Use a cleansing shampoo to remove it x

It’s so peculiar haha thank you I’ll let her know, hopefully a cleansing shampoo will do the trick :)

It will be the minerals in the (pool ?) water.
Normally, you’d use a proper chelating shampoo to remove mineral deposits rather than a deep cleansing shampoo but it is very drying and it could ruin extension hair.

I always advise clients not to wear hair extensions abroad! Blondes tend to go pink or orange. Sun, sea water, pool water and the chemicals in the actual shower water in hotels can discolour the hair and dry it out x

Try Malibu C hard water sachet or lemon juice x

I always advise clients not to wear hair extensions abroad!

That’s a bit ridiculous. Going abroad on holiday when you live on an Island is perfectly normal behaviour.

Latest posts

Back