Hair extensions help *urgent*

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alanaabdn

Reaction score
Hi everyone wondering if anyone could help.
I done hair extensions yesterday pic attached.

On the colour ring the hair matched perfectly. When we got them they were a tiny bit lighter but not overly, has this nice ombre look to it.

She doesn't think they match and is asking what she can do. I'm worried as this is only my 5th set and starting off my business.
I honestly thinked the colour looked nice with the ombre effect but she obviously doesnt.
IMG_20180812_163659_209.jpeg

You should be able to tone the extensions I’d say use the same level n a neutral to give it less of the ash tone

Im not confident in colours, not something I can offer at the minute as I need to do a refresher course.

To be honest I think her own hair is quite warm and could do with a tone as your extension colour looks lovely imo

To be honest I think her own hair is quite warm and could do with a tone as your extension colour looks lovely imo
When I colour matched it was perfect. The colour is beautiful though on the extensions.
I've told her to tone using her purple shampoo and see how that turns out, if it doesn't help too much ill tone her hair.

Just worried as I'm just starting off again. Done another set a day before and the colour match was spot on

Tell her to be careful as the purple shampoo will attach to the extensions too x

Tell her to be careful as the purple shampoo will attach to the extensions too x
I've told her only to do it on her own hair not the extensions as they will take really quickly

Now shes saying she wants them out because they are sore, I advised they would be a little sore to begin with as I usually do, I said that I'll take a look and adjust any if they are really bothering her.
I'm really worried I'm just starting out again that I've done a really bad job.
She did mention she had a la weave done somewhere else and that she got taken out in 2 days after having it because it hurt and was itchy.

Any advice?

I should also probably say that she was a model that only paid for the hair. I didn't charge anything for the hair and stated I would be doing this to build my portfolio

I should also probably say that she was a model that only paid for the hair. I didn't charge anything for the hair and stated I would be doing this to build my portfolio
For the installation etc.

Regarding the shampoo that’s good as it does take quickly.
About the extensions - if she wants them out thats fine - you got what you needed - the photos.
Extensions are uncomfortable - we do them at the salon and Iv had all methods but my head is very sensitive - she might be the same, especially as she had also had a weave taken out.
I really wouldn’t worry. Offer to have a look etc but don’t do too much as she will sense your panic and take advantage.
Good luck and have confidence in yourself x

Regarding the shampoo that’s good as it does take quickly.
About the extensions - if she wants them out thats fine - you got what you needed - the photos.
Extensions are uncomfortable - we do them at the salon and Iv had all methods but my head is very sensitive - she might be the same, especially as she had also had a weave taken out.
I really wouldn’t worry. Offer to have a look etc but don’t do too much as she will sense your panic and take advantage.
Good luck and have confidence in yourself x
If she wants them removed will I not need to offer her a refund?
Everything has been done exactly as I done to someone on Friday and she is having no problems and it's the same method. She did say they were a bit itchy and sore but she knows that I said they would be that way until her head got used to them and the same for this client.

I'm okay to take them out just worried what the procedure is, im happy to take them out and give the hair to her as that's what she paid for however I don't have the funds really to give her a refund and the company obviously won't take them back now.

Should I just explain that to her?

Ps I really appreciate the help.

If she wants them out that’s her choice. Don’t refund - if you do that every time a client moans you won’t have a business.
I’d personally say I charge x amount for removal - as you’ve not had them in long il remove for free and you can keep the hair.
Keep calm.
She’s just had someone else’s hair attatched to her head, of course itl itch and be uncomfortable, if she doesn’t want to wait for that to subside - take them out - you don’t need that kind of hassle x

If she wants them out that’s her choice. Don’t refund - if you do that every time a client moans you won’t have a business.
I’d personally say I charge x amount for removal - as you’ve not had them in long il remove for free and you can keep the hair.
Keep calm.
She’s just had someone else’s hair attatched to her head, of course itl itch and be uncomfortable, if she doesn’t want to wait for that to subside - take them out - you don’t need that kind of hassle x

I'll message her tomorrow and just say I'm happy to take them out for you free of charge since they've only been in 2 days, and that she can keep the hair.

Thanks so much for the help, I did go through all consultation questions about sensitive scalp etc and she said she had no problems.

I really appreciate the help. I've been stressing the whole time since she messaged me thinking that i have done a bad job etc

Don’t worry - people try things all the time. They also pick up on if your nervous/unsure/eager to please.
It’s your job, you know you haven’t done anything wrong - it’s her personal choice to have them out.
Obviously if you do go and her head is swollen/rashy/something out of the ordinary then there was a problem but I’d be 99.9% sure she’s just not used to them and they’re a little irritating. Take them out and the problems solved x

May I know what colour extension number # you used?

Don’t worry - people try things all the time. They also pick up on if your nervous/unsure/eager to please.
It’s your job, you know you haven’t done anything wrong - it’s her personal choice to have them out.
Obviously if you do go and her head is swollen/rashy/something out of the ordinary then there was a problem but I’d be 99.9% sure she’s just not used to them and they’re a little irritating. Take them out and the problems solved x
Yeah obviously if I take a look and there's something wrong then I'll take responsibility.
I'll message her today and see what she says.

Latest posts

Back