Hair Extensions Matting :(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ADP

Reaction score
My clip in hair extensions only last 2 maybe 3 months at the most, then they go in thick clumps of mat whilst i'm wearing them and tangly.

I emailed the company and they said i'm doing everything right but gave no suggestions just added that more straightening can help.

To be honest, i'm not convinced they're real hair, although they are advertised as real.

I like these particular ones because they have silicone strips attached to the clips that help them stay attached to my fine hair.

Can any of you professional ladies shed some light on what is possibly causing this. They cost £20 for one strip which is ample for me.

Or, can you recommend a company whose extensions don't do this ?

TIA XxxX

Hi, you could try this company on here ,
dont know if they sell the silicone strip ones though ,

[email protected]

also you get discount if you lt them know you are a salon geek member
plus they are really good,

My Daughter bought some beautiful 18 inch human hair wefts from Extensionize for her holidays
and they were really fantastic,

PS, the hair that you have been buying is problematic because some of it has been put in the weft the wrong way around,
it then backcombs and interlocks on itself ,

this only happens after a few washes or with wear,
and once that silicone coating wears off exposing the rough cuticles to each other then the hair will just matt up like you said , :)

[email protected]

[email protected]

Hi, you could try this company on here ,
dont know if they sell the silicone strip ones though ,

[email protected]

also you get discount if you lt them know you are a salon geek member
plus they are really good,

My Daughter bought some beautiful 18 inch human hair wefts from Extensionize for her holidays
and they were really fantastic,

PS, the hair that you have been buying is problematic because some of it has been put in the weft the wrong way around,
it then backcombs and interlocks on itself ,

this only happens after a few washes or with wear,
and once that silicone coating wears off exposing the rough cuticles to each other then the hair will just matt up like you said , :)

[email protected]

[email protected]

Thankyou so much for replying. You sound spot on with what you said, matting isn't the way to describe it, backcombing and interlocking is...
I'll look at these sites :)

Today, so i could wear them to work, i smoothed VO5 serum on them, and that seemed to help somewhat...

but i really appreciate your help

One more question...i've read on here about preparing the hair to take the clip, what needs to be done ? is it like plaiting ?

Hi,
I usually use a tail comb then back comb just on the root area where the clip is going to be inserted ,

then I spray the backcombing with a mist of quite strong hair spray ,
let it dry ,
then apply the clips into the backcombed hair ,

its best to try and get it right first time,
so keep placing the wefts onto the hair
to check the back combing is put in the right places

Other people may have different methods too :)

Hi,
I usually use a tail comb then back comb just on the root area where the clip is going to be inserted ,

then I spray the backcombing with a mist of quite strong hair spray ,
let it dry ,
then apply the clips into the backcombed hair ,

its best to try and get it right first time,
so keep placing the wefts onto the hair
to check the back combing is put in the right places

Other people may have different methods too :)
Thankyou:)
I really appreciate your help XxxX

Latest posts

Back