Hair extensions mattting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickygred

Reaction score
Morning
I have had a lady with hair extensions in
We don’t do hair extensions at our salon
She bought the extensions her self and got them fitted by a professional
The colour she choose did not match her hair
We did a toner for her which a week later she decided was not right
We then did highlight and lowlights which helped match the colour
I washed the colour of and was careful her hair was very knotted
She said she would go home put lots of conditioner on and brush out
We then got a phone call her hair was awful and matted
She came back to salon and it was awful
We tried to get the Matt out but couldn’t
She went back to hair extensions lady and thankfully she was able to remove the matts and her hair was good
I was devastated her hair was like this
They are now sending me a bill for removal and replacing new hair
Has this happened to any one before
I have spoke to the extension supplier and they said the hair should not be coloured when u have hair extensions in so the hair is void of warranty
They are tapes
Feed would be great

That’s such a shame, no advise really, are you same to claim on your insurance?

I wouldn't pay, she asked you to colour the hair, also how do you know that the hair wasn't faulty in the first place - you said she had to remove and fit new - the previous hair was the wrong colour to begin with, that hair may have had root hair in it, which would cause it to mat with the cuticles being aligned to hair that was upside down. YOU ARE NOT LIABLE for this so do not pay, they can not do anything as they cant prove the original hair wasn't faulty.

First off all, when bringing in their own extensions get the to sign a waiver. Extensions are already chemically treated. So I recommend not colouring them.

Matting can also be a sign of non remy hair. So I would look at where she got them. For all you know it's combings.

Latest posts

Back