Hair extensions mis-sold

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jess2015

Reaction score
Hi I hope it’s ok to post here I really want some advice. just after Christmas I had hair extensions fitted, she didn’t give me a consultation just colour matched my hair by me sending her photos to go off (this was her idea not mine), this was the first time I’ve ever had them so didn’t know any different. I asked and paid for 22 inch, as she was fitting the hair she said that my natural hair is longer than she thought (it is quite long), as she was fitting them I thought it isn’t any longer than my natural hair (she knew I wanted them for extra length not thickness), when I got home I measured them and they were only just about 19 inch so sent her a message because I was obviously not happy. Her response was she was sorry but it was because she had cut them. She agreed she would replace the bottom row (I had 2 lines of extensions), with the longer length, when I got home again I realised that it looked far too thin only having the bottom row at a longer length, so I asked her to also replace the top row. But for this I had to pay extra, I wasn’t happy but I wanted them right. I have just been to another hairdresser for them re tightening, and she has told me they are a mess and need completely re fitting (that explains why they have been so uncomfortable), and also I have paid for a certain grade of hair, and that what she has used Is definitely not that grade of hair (she knows because she uses the brand/grade that I asked for). I was just wondering if you can advise me on where I stand, I want to have my money back so I can pay another extensionist to do it with the hair I’ve paid for. Is there anything I can do if she refuses to give me a refund? This woman is also wanting to set up her own training academy which is very worrying! Your help would be really appreciated, I’ve saved up a long time for this hair to have done for my wedding, I have paid £400 and it’s just not right. Thanks

This sounds terrible and I’m sorry this has happened to you. From what you are saying you’re completely right! Why did she even cut them first? I’ve never known a hair extensionist to cut hair extensions before they are fitted. That’s a mistake she must of learnt from. Although she refitted the bottom row I think you should definitely have the top row done as you have paid for full head of 22 inches? It’s quite strange she also used a different hair to what she told you she would be using and did not carry out a correct face to face consultation. I would ask again in the hope she will accept to refit the top row. £400 is a lot of money so it should be done right! Good luck.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back