Hair extensions on shaven sides and undercut

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melissa Moss

Reaction score
unnamed (1).jpg
unnamed (2).jpg
Hi all, hopefully somebody can advise

I had a lady come to me (picture attached) with shaved sides and an undercut. She said she had some big trauma happen and wants a massive change. I would love to help her but I do not want to feel like I'm fobbing her off fitting them just for money.

She said she just wants it chin length, but still I dont think it would look right

I've said I dont think it would look thick or full enough, as she does't have a lot of hair anyway

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP and tell me if i am being stupid!! Don't want her to feel like im just taking the job for profit, i want to help her!

Attachments

• unnamed (3).jpg
    unnamed (3).jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 72
  • unnamed (4).jpg
    unnamed (4).jpg
    158 KB · Views: 71
Sounds like maybe she wants to take back some control over a traumatic event in her life. Unfortunately, even if her hair was longer and you could add extensions, that won’t resolve her feelings.

I think you can only be honest and kind and tell her her current haircut looks great as it is. If she wants to drastically change it, she can change the colour and maybe make a few suggestions, (although it looks lovely to me).

I can’t see how you could add extensions without it looking ridiculous, but you need to word that much more gently.

View attachment 207391 View attachment 207392 Hi all, hopefully somebody can advise

I had a lady come to me (picture attached) with shaved sides and an undercut. She said she had some big trauma happen and wants a massive change. I would love to help her but I do not want to feel like I'm fobbing her off fitting them just for money.

She said she just wants it chin length, but still I dont think it would look right

I've said I dont think it would look thick or full enough, as she does't have a lot of hair anyway

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP and tell me if i am being stupid!! Don't want her to feel like im just taking the job for profit, i want to help her!
I have done it before on someone who had lost most of her hair taking out glue in extensions. Ideally tho hair needs to be min of 5 inches long. I cut my extensions down really fine and started to build the hair. It was successful although it did not last as long as it normally does which is something ur client wld need to consider.

maybe you cld suggest adding highlights/lowlights/pastels /block colour extensions to what she has to change her look dramatically (?)
20171022_014026.jpg

Sounds like maybe she wants to take back some control over a traumatic event in her life. Unfortunately, even if her hair was longer and you could add extensions, that won’t resolve her feelings.

I think you can only be honest and kind and tell her her current haircut looks great as it is. If she wants to drastically change it, she can change the colour and maybe make a few suggestions, (although it looks lovely to me).

I can’t see how you could add extensions without it looking ridiculous, but you need to word that much more gently.

My thoughts exactly, I didn't want to just fit them so I can get money because I'm not like that at all. I want her to feel good but I think she may have to find another way without extensions!

I have done it before on someone who had lost most of her hair taking out glue in extensions. Ideally tho hair needs to be min of 5 inches long. I cut my extensions down really fine and started to build the hair. It was successful although it did not last as long as it normally does which is something ur client wld need to consider.

maybe you cld suggest adding highlights/lowlights/pastels /block colour extensions to what she has to change her look dramatically (?) View attachment 207395

Hmmm yes I see how you could make that work. My client's hair is literally only on the top section though.. Any extra hair added in would be noticeable.

Gosh how did all her hair come out with glue extensions? I'm assuming you don't mean fusion bonded? That's my most popular method and my clients have loads of regrowth with them!! x

Hmmm yes I see how you could make that work. My client's hair is literally only on the top section though.. Any extra hair added in would be noticeable.

Gosh how did all her hair come out with glue extensions? I'm assuming you don't mean fusion bonded? That's my most popular method and my clients have loads of regrowth with them!! x
I used Great Lengths pre bonded cut down to qtrs. It was difficult and I wld not really recommend it but my client cld not go out without a hat and like u I was desperate to help her.

To be honest ur client is probably asking for extensions because she thinks that's her only option. Maybe u cld show her images of alternatives styles of something u cld do with it to help her thro ?

It would be difficult to create much of a change but u could just add very fine ones and perhaps just thicken one side to give more of an asymmetric style? She would still have the undercut of course but it would look different and maybe that will be enough ? X

Kind of like this
70fe0148d004bca16a6d4727f9973a37.jpg

That would look good with undercut one side and cover with extensions the other side? Won’t be as thick of course as u will only have the top to work with but could add a bit of length?

That would look good with undercut one side and cover with extensions the other side? Won’t be as thick of course as u will only have the top to work with but could add a bit of length?
Thats such a good idea! However I'm not a trained hair dresser and would be fine fitting them but I think the cut would be a bit beyond me! x

Latest posts

Back