Hair extensions on someone who had a stroke?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairbybridie

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a lovely client who had a stroke some years back and is now missing half of her skull, bless her.
She is desperate to get extensions but I'm worried I won't be able to help. I'm not charging for the fitting it would just be for the hair.
If her hair is quite thin and because of the skull issue, would you recommend just doing half a head for thickness rather than length as I don't want the pressure of 200g of hair hurting her head.

I really want to help her, I can actually make wigs and debating whether to offer her a wig lol!!

Anyone else had a client like this or similar? How did you let them down if you had to?x

I would get her to check with her doctor what's best. Then you've covered yourself and know it's not going to damage her head.

If the doctor says no then you don't have to x

God bless her. I would ask her to get a doctors note x

Yeah I'm gonna get her to get a doctors note thanks guys xx

Hi All,

I have a lovely client who had a stroke some years back and is now missing half of her skull, bless her.
She is desperate to get extensions but I'm worried I won't be able to help. I'm not charging for the fitting it would just be for the hair.
If her hair is quite thin and because of the skull issue, would you recommend just doing half a head for thickness rather than length as I don't want the pressure of 200g of hair hurting her head.

I really want to help her, I can actually make wigs and debating whether to offer her a wig lol!!

Anyone else had a client like this or similar? How did you let them down if you had to?x

Hey,

Definitely don't proceed without a doctors note and if you do go ahead ask her to sign a disclaimer to cover yourself.

Might be worth speaking to your insurance company as well.

Xx

Hey,

Definitely don't proceed without a doctors note and if you do go ahead ask her to sign a disclaimer to cover yourself.

Might be worth speaking to your insurance company as well.

Xx
I would be wary of feeling secure with disclaimers.

I'm not sure with extensions but I know with colour testing they don't stand up in court. If you believe there is a risk of hurting the client then you should not do the treatment.

Having the doctor say she is ok to have the treatment should avoid any problems and leaving your conscience knowing you haven't done anything dangerous.

If you do everything ethically then you will never have to worry about a claim x

I would check with your insurance, even if doctor says it’s fine, if your insurance won’t cover you then you’ll be liable and no one to fight your corner xx

I would be wary of feeling secure with disclaimers.

I'm not sure with extensions but I know with colour testing they don't stand up in court. If you believe there is a risk of hurting the client then you should not do the treatment.

Having the doctor say she is ok to have the treatment should avoid any problems and leaving your conscience knowing you haven't done anything dangerous.

If you do everything ethically then you will never have to worry about a claim x
waivers are not legal documents, you cannot legally sign your rights away, you are correct xx

If the condition of the hair is not good I wouldn't do it

Didn't go ahead with the extensions, making a wig for the client instead! :) Problem solved thanks loves x

Latest posts

Back