Hair extensions refund

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hairdreamed

Reaction score
Hello
Month ago had a client for full head microrings on short hair.
Did the colour match, explained pro and against to the client, asked her to sign the consultation form.
Today she is back to me claiming bad hair quality. She says they tangled and messy.
Have contacted my hair supplier to see if the batch could be faulty as this has never happened since i started a year ago. They said got no complaints,
Offered the girl free hair removal and hair refund.
But she insists on full hair free of charge. She is really pushy, wants to get it done in 2 days and we are really busy in the salon so no hope to fit her in.
Plus I have no idea if she wont be back in the next 4 weeks claiming again.
She signed a disclaimer saying no refunds after getting the hair done but I want to be fair and offered to meet her half way. She doesnt accept that.
What should i do? Plese help.

p.s. i am sure somewhere was a similar post but i dont really have time to go thru as she is back tomorrow morning. apologies.

Ok so 1. It's the hair quality not your fitting at fault so remove and send to supply for testing 2. Half the time it's the clients fault with no aftercare products and ignoring aftercare advice 3. I wouldn't refund anything! Until you hear back from the supply as it is not your fault 4. Give a free removal for good will and also to collect the hair to send off 5. Speak to her firmly about aftercare to make sure she understood and she followed it 6. Does your contract state anything about if the correct products aren't purchased then no refund nor replacement is available. If not, then you need to stay calm and explain you fitted the hair, you have not looked after them, she has so its either the hair or her... Obviously not how I have said it but along those lines. I'd also speak to your training provider if they offer support as they can give you advice on how to tackle the client and the supplier.

Hope this helps, personal opinion of course! X

ShannonJo thanks for that.
This is exactly what I will do. She is a young girl and very unpatient/rude.
Quality always go first in my place and so far I was very happy with the hair I use.
Yes, the consultation form was saying what type of products she should/shouldnt be using and what way she should wash/brush the hair.
I'd say we always learn but thats a tough lesson.
Really appreciate your help.
Cheers!

Post back when you have found a solution to see how you got on, what the supplier said ;) x

Ok so 1. It's the hair quality not your fitting at fault so remove and send to supply for testing 2. Half the time it's the clients fault with no aftercare products and ignoring aftercare advice 3. I wouldn't refund anything! Until you hear back from the supply as it is not your fault 4. Give a free removal for good will and also to collect the hair to send off 5. Speak to her firmly about aftercare to make sure she understood and she followed it 6. Does your contract state anything about if the correct products aren't purchased then no refund nor replacement is available. If not, then you need to stay calm and explain you fitted the hair, you have not looked after them, she has so its either the hair or her... Obviously not how I have said it but along those lines. I'd also speak to your training provider if they offer support as they can give you advice on how to tackle the client and the supplier.

Totally Agree.
Stand your ground
xxx

Exactly don't let someone think they can push you around be firm and follow the advice!

also agree with Shannonjo thats what id do too, good luck x

Thanks again for help yesterday. The girl didnt show up. Txted in the last minute that she could come on Wed. Agreed to see her next week but seriously sometimes i wish to be a dog groomer:)

Thanks again for help yesterday. The girl didnt show up. Txted in the last minute that she could come on Wed. Agreed to see her next week but seriously sometimes i wish to be a dog groomer:)

At least human clients won't bite you...that I know of!

Latest posts

Back