Hair extensions shampoo and conditioner advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eagle20

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I have recently got extensions from a professional hair extension salon with a good reputation. I have always been taught that you should only ever use sulphate free shampoo and conditioner, particularly professional salon quality ones. However on the after care sheet my extensionist gave me it says “NEVER use sulphate free products as they dry the hair out” and goes on to say “always use a moisture rich shampoo and conditioner”???? She also recommended I use Dove Nourishing shampoo....

Please could someone help me out as I am very confused she gave me the opposite advice to what I have been taught!! I got micro rings with Russian hair if that helps.

Following the thread x

I agree, sulphate can be replaced with another ingredient that can actually be more damaging.

I have seen that advise from a Russian hair company that supplies and fits their own hair.
I've never seen or come across an issue with sulphate free.
I've often seen issues with non professional shampoos and conditioners. And then huge differences for these clients moving to pro sulphate free.

I'd say the least manufactured chemicals are best.

Have you worn Russian before and your products have worked for you then I'd continue and see how they feel x

Latest posts

Back