Hair extensions shedding

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SofE

Reaction score
Ladies, any help/advise would be fab on this one!
Long story short, I purchased a full set of extensions from my supplier, fitted my client, one happy lady left me. Within a week she called to say the hair was shedding, double checked her aftercare, products used and all was great, went to see her the following day and was completely mortified at what I found! I fitted 1g hair, when I arrived the poor lady had around 0.3g in each bond! The hair was just falling out of the bond!!!! I used micro rings so no heat to the bonds, she uses shampoo, conditioner and oil purchased from me via my supplier so all good.
I have contacted my supplier on many occasions for help, just received the generic email back, aftercare, don't do this, don't do that bla bla bla. They don't want to help or know!
I have since removed and re fitted with an alternative supply if hair at my full cost and still (thankfully) have a happy client!
Question is, how to proceed now? Insurance company? CAB have advised a charge back as goods not fit for purpose, not sure the bank would oblige?
Sorry for the ramble! Xx

Hi first things first do not email the company call them, and be firm if they have supplied the aftercare then this should t be happening so demand a refund and do not be fobbed off xx

Hi first things first do not email the company call them, and be firm if they have supplied the aftercare then this should t be happening so demand a refund and do not be fobbed off xx

Hi, I did call but was told I had to complete their on line complaint form, received no reply so called and was told they would respond, in time!!!! I sent photos and have sent strands to them for them to see the problem as they didn't seem to understand!! Xx

How long ago did you fill in the online form?

How long ago did you fill in the online form?

4 weeks ago!! And called 3 times and sent 4 emails! Still nothing! Getting really cheesed off now! Xx

4 weeks ago!! And called 3 times and sent 4 emails! Still nothing! Getting really cheesed off now! Xx

Sounds like a familiar company

Sounds like a familiar company

It was my last purchase from them! Just rude to not even answer your customers, I wasn't looking for a refund just some advise as to why they have done it! I shall never buy again that's for sure!

It was my last purchase from them! Just rude to not even answer your customers, I wasn't looking for a refund just some advise as to why they have done it! I shall never buy again that's for sure!

Such a Shame I guess it's the well none company that's hot rock bottom at the mo

I would give it one last attempt at calling them. Tell them you need to talk to someone and you won't be filling in another online form. Tell them you are taking legal action for loss of earnings and breaching statutory rights requirements if you don't speak to someone today. Maybe drop in something about trading standards. They're acting illegally so if you don't manage to get anywhere with that I would actually contact trading standards. Maybe consider putting in a claim with the county court. It's obviously not a new problem for them. It sounds as though they're fed up of dealing with the same complaint to me. Must be so frustrating for you.

Was it SJK ? I've just had the same problem with them! I've emailed them a week ago, they've told me they are closed and asked to email them today. Now they are asking for some strands to be send to check out. This is so unfair.. Why didn't the day that a week ago? So they would have received them today and sorted it out. My client lives an hour away, so she has to come again to take a few strands out and wait again! All my client wants is to sort her hair out as she's paid money just to make her hair look even worse :( so mad

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I had the same problem previously with sjk. They must be the worst company to get hold of. I switched to hair planet and transform xtensions and haven't had any issues since. Its seems hard to find reliable companies these days

I messaged them last week and today are asking for strands to send back! Must be a bad batch! These are my clients! Now she's giving me a Bad name :( ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1404755758.735846.jpg

I messaged them last week and today are asking for strands to send back! Must be a bad batch! These are my clients! Now she's giving me a Bad name :( View attachment 69825

When was the last time the client even brushed them? Total lack of aftercare with this if you ask me xx

When was the last time the client even brushed them? Total lack of aftercare with this if you ask me xx

This is what I said to her! She told me they just mat so she can't even brush them! I spent 5 hours untangling them at her first maintenance. She said since then she has looked after them but who knows! "Customer is always right" is all I've heard about it xx

I fitted 24" sjk hair in one of my friends and the hair was awful it just matts and sheds loads she does have good aftercare as I make sure she does and comes in to the salon every weekend for a blow dry but I just assumed that's the way the hair was as it was the first time I used it.. I had to cut it to 20" and got a top up from hairport by valentine .. Hair has been awesome!

Latest posts

Back