Hair extensions so cheap?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hannahsmith88

Reaction score
I see people on here offering hair extensions for £150-£250 just wondering how you are doing them so cheap?? What brands do you use?
I use balmain and we do them for £450 as the hair is quite expensive!
Thanks for any replys

At £150 it will tend to be very poor quality hair, Chinese Remy at best that will last around 2 months 'ish before it becomes in poor condition.

At around the £250 point most will be using Indian Remy that will last the client around 3 months in good condition. Depending on the exact source the extensionist would be buying the hair at around £100 ish, giving a profit margin of about £150.

Thanks, I just wondered, at least with balmain the hairs guranteed 6months, also we re-use them up until they are really bad but most tend to get a years worth out of them x

I do Indian remy for £160... 160 strands from lush us, price it... because I am quite new my profit margins are very low. Extensions are more of a minor service I offer at my home salon though. It hardly seems worth offering such good hair for a low price but that is average in my area.
X

Thank you, how long does the hair last? And are they re-used or after they grow/fall out that's it?
Thanks

I had balmain last time had a few problems so this time The girl had them from additional lengths loads better tougher bonds too ;) had them in two months so far coloured them twice n there so soft ;) x

Oh thanks, is the hair cheaper? And would I have to do training with that company even though I have balmain training?
Thanks

Thank you, how long does the hair last? And are they re-used or after they grow/fall out that's it?
Thanks

I tip can be reused up to about 6-8 months with great aftercare... U tips must be discarded x

Wicked thanks!

I tip can be reused up to about 6-8 months with great aftercare... U tips must be discarded x

If it is lush-us indian remy hair, or any indian remy, I would have thought that you would struggle to get 6 to 8 months out of them...no matter what the aftercare.

3 months, 4 at a real push, and if you are saying you can re-use the stick tip there is no reason not to re-use the U tip if you know how to re-tip the hair...but I dont think the hair is going to be good enough to re-use

I have to agree Indian Remy lasts 3 months with the correct care. To re-use the hair you need to buy better quality.

Thanks for your replys, you're great help! Just looking for a guinea pig to try out the cheaper version, im still doing the expensive ones but just want to offer a budget range, how much would you charge?

If it is lush-us indian remy hair, or any indian remy, I would have thought that you would struggle to get 6 to 8 months out of them...no matter what the aftercare.

3 months, 4 at a real push, and if you are saying you can re-use the stick tip there is no reason not to re-use the U tip if you know how to re-tip the hair...but I dont think the hair is going to be good enough to re-use

I agree the tips go soft and some loose shape not worth struggling trying to get the I tips back into the micro loops,
suppose if you had patience you could always make them into U tips or re-tip them back to I tips(for same client the hair came from)
but quite time consuming remembering its budget hair I doubt I could persuade myself to re tip them.

Prices depend on you hun.

Mine cover the following:
* cost of hair and delivery
* petrol to and from clients house for consultation and fitting
* aftercare kit
* hourly rate for fitting extensions

Although the consultation is free my overall price covers the cost of the time taken to do it.

I'm not the cheapest in my area, but i charge enough to cover all costs and have money for myself.

I refuse to price compete with people. If people want to pay £100 that's fine but it doesn't come near to covering my costs let alone paying of an hourly rate.

I'd rather not have extension clients then work for nothing, just to be able to fit a full set.

I agree the tips go soft and some loose shape not worth struggling trying to get the I tips back into the micro loops,
suppose if you had patience you could always make them into U tips or re-tip them back to I tips(for same client the hair came from)
but quite time consuming remembering its budget hair I doubt I could persuade myself to re tip them.

I wasnt thinking about the condition of the tips, more the condition of the hair not being good enough to re-use after 3+ months

I'm confused by the micro loop? I only ever use balmain normally and just use the pre bonded ones or the double hair!
But the pre bonded ones and done with a hot rod thing (don't no what it's called :/) and normally I replace the ones that fall out by snipping off the ends and re bonding it again with the hot rod, and every 8weeks roughly sometimes longer we take them out and snip off the ends and refit them again using new bonds!
I'm hoping you can still do this?
I was going to charge £250 for the budget ones this includes consultation, colouring the extensions if needed, and cutting them in (shaping) I'm going to do this from the salon I work in (renting a chair) and possibly outside of work if needed!
Love you guys for helping x

Micro rings are when stick tips are held in place with micro rings.

Micro loop is when the hair is already attached to the ring and the loop helps you to attach the extension to the hair. Once the hair is attached to the extension you throw the plastic loop bit away.

Im not very good at describing things sorry x

Haha that's ok, neither am i! I have no idea what your on about haha!
Is micro loop the heated bonds in lush us range? Or do you mean the micro loop that are semi-permanent? X

Hi hun I trained Balmain and use lush-us for a affordable range ...the nail tip..I was told by lush-us the couldn't really be re-bonded x

Thank you! You sound like your doing exactly what I want to do! I can't understand these Facebook pages in my area who offer them for £150 and also do Maintainance for £40 but your all telling me they can't be refitted, how are they doing this? I thought Maintainance was refitting :/ I basically want abit of competition :)
Also I done my training with balmain, would I have to retrain under lush us to use their brand?
Thanks

Latest posts

Back