Hair extensions training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilleypops

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm hoping this doesn't start another mass debate but.............

I'd really like to train as a hair extensionist. Ive seen many websites etc offering the one day courses however, I certainly wouldn't be able to take everything in in this amount of time.

I want to do it all 'properly' and eventually offer the best service I can to clients.
I plan on starting a college course in Sept which would be an NVQ level 1 in hairdressing which will cover the basics. Then all being well, NVQ level 2 will follow....

Does anyone know if I would then have to go on to level 3?
Also, do companies such as balmain, great lengths offer more in depth training solely in hair extensions or are there college courses out there for this?

People I have spoken to have stated they've done one of the one day courses then practised on friends/family before offering their services. Eek!

Any advice or suggestions more than welcome.

Thanks!!! : )

Hi
Ive trained with cinderella,great lengths and balmain.
Stopped using cinderella yonks ago as hair wasnt too good so trained with great lengths.Ive done a few refresher courses and advanced extension cutting courses with them over the years as systems change so its good to keep up to date.
Ialso use balmain as the hair qualitys great and the bonds are good too.
Imo great lengths is the luxury brand offered as its quite a bit more expensive but alot of my clients have gradually switched to balmain in the financial drought and are just as happy with the hair.Ialso rebond so its a great way for clients to afford them which keeps me busy!:)

A thread was posted earlier by a lady who fitted extensions but couldnt blend well,so knowledge is def the key to becoming a good extensionist imo x

You can contact Lush-Us UK to enquire about their training hun - not only do they offer several fitting methods but also extra courses for cutting and such like and now offer extensions as a VTCT qualification :D xx

Thank you for your replies ladies, definitely something to look into. There's sooooo much info out there on the net it's mind boggling so id rather take advice from guys like yourself.

watch this space.

Thanks again!!xx :lol:

Latest posts

Back