Hair Extensions...What to get + where in Leicestershire??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nathalie

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I was wondering if anyone can help me as I'm not a hair geek (I'm a nail one!) I really fancy getting hair extensions done as I've got short hair (chin length) at the mo but fancy a change. I've been doing my research into whether natural (racoon I think it was) or fake hair such as Thermofibre or Monofibre (I think it was called that) are the best ones to get. There seems to be a debate as to which is best and the best method to have when having them applied, so I still feel none the wiser!

Also is it possible to have my roots done still every 6-8 weeks once I've got them in as I normally have it highlighted and don't fancy having dark blonde roots coming through! I was going to get it done just before I have the extensions put in or is it reccomended to have them done at the same time? Last but not least any good reccomendations for Salons in and around Leicester???

Sorry so many questions! Thanks for reading though :lol:
N xx

heres my little bit...i think human hair is by far the best (esp after youve wahsed ur hair, slept on it, had them in a couple of weeks) much easier to deal with.

i use wefts and i do it myself, im not a hairdresser or anything and i use pro flex tape to keep them in, much less messy than glue and they stay in about 8 weeks!

the hair wefts can be bought on ebay! and google pro flex tape - to find it..x

Racoon are the leading provider - they do both real and synthetic hair. Real is easier to work with because you can treat it like your own. Synthetic is fine but avoid any heat! It's really a matter of what end result you want and how much you are able to spend. Racoon also has some new Micro Wefts that are just for short term (3 to 5 weeks) so you can see how you suit extended hair without the financial/time commitment. For Racoon salons in Leicester, go to their website Racoon International : No1 In Hair Extensions and put your postcode in, it will then email you the 10 nearest salons. Consultations should be free with salons, so book yourself and get some advice before you progress.

Hi Ladies,

I was wondering if anyone can help me as I'm not a hair geek (I'm a nail one!) I really fancy getting hair extensions done as I've got short hair (chin length) at the mo but fancy a change. I've been doing my research into whether natural (racoon I think it was) or fake hair such as Thermofibre or Monofibre (I think it was called that) are the best ones to get. There seems to be a debate as to which is best and the best method to have when having them applied, so I still feel none the wiser!

Also is it possible to have my roots done still every 6-8 weeks once I've got them in as I normally have it highlighted and don't fancy having dark blonde roots coming through! I was going to get it done just before I have the extensions put in or is it reccomended to have them done at the same time? Last but not least any good reccomendations for Salons in and around Leicester???

Sorry so many questions! Thanks for reading though :lol:
N xx
Hi there, i have had raccon bonded hair extensions, european hair, took 5 hours to put in, they did not put enough in felt thin went back and complained, put more in fab, but 1 week later they started to shed like mad. 2 weeks on they have all fell out but 10% of hair. left I would not recommend these, they say that it was something i put on my hair. they sent hair off suprise suprise it was my fault this was a load of crap, talked to another extensionist they say they was not put in right when she looked at them. i would personnally save money and have a different brand, has long has the hair is a good quality your fine. i am now looking into having skin wefts, they look great only 1 hour application, reuse hair no shedding. having sample put in tonight. apparantly they they lay flat on head, seamless. only last 5-8 weeks but not expensive to put back in. Welcome to sultry.com show you these on there site check it out...

Hi there, i have had raccon bonded hair extensions, european hair, took 5 hours to put in, they did not put enough in felt thin went back and complained, put more in fab, but 1 week later they started to shed like mad. 2 weeks on they have all fell out but 10% of hair. left I would not recommend these, they say that it was something i put on my hair. they sent hair off suprise suprise it was my fault this was a load of crap, talked to another extensionist they say they was not put in right when she looked at them. i would personnally save money and have a different brand, has long has the hair is a good quality your fine. i am now looking into having skin wefts, they look great only 1 hour application, reuse hair no shedding. having sample put in tonight. apparantly they they lay flat on head, seamless. only last 5-8 weeks but not expensive to put back in. www.[URL="http://www.sultry.com"]sultryhair.com[/URL] show you these on there site check it out... thanks nick
sorry Sultry Hair

Latest posts

Back