Hair extensions!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know we have had this post before, but i am getting so frustrated with girls around my area offering Hair extensions for dirt cheap .
One girl is doing a full head of micro rings for £140 !!!!
People are not wanting to pay Much so are going to get them done cheaper elsewhere.
Im trying to build my clientel up again as i had to stop as it was too much juggling work aswell and i am finding it very difficult.

I offer first maintenance inc in the price for my clients which usually id charge £20/ph for hoping to bring customers in but no .. still to expensive.

I am charging £230 for Full head of Micro ring extensions and £200 for fushion bonds.
Consultation is free and i take £100 deposit to secure appointment.
I give out aftercare information aswell and offer to get the hair extension brush for them at no added charge .

I dont think im expensive at all ?
Any input would be greatly appreciated please.

Unfortunately that's how it works at the moment, everyone struggling. Just don't drop your prices. Once clients have their hair messed up with cheap extensions and bad service youll have them come crawling.

Keep your head up and just keep going. :) x

I'm the same. I charge less because the going rate in my area is £160-250 for a full head of Indian remy.

I charge around £140-160, meaning my profit margins are very thin. I work from home so I have no overheads.

....cheap, huh? Still get few customers! And you might think "oh well, no one goes to her because her prices must mean she's crap" but I use Indian Remy hair and advertise this heavily, but people just want cheap extensions, they don't care if they are good or not. Girls who charge £50 for barbie hair extensions and aren't qualified in my area get more customers than me, very irksome!!

Competition is fierce!

xx

dont lower your prices!! i wont lower mine no way you get what you pay for! and you deserve to make money for a good job done - if they want crap then let them they will soon change your mind lots of pictures of before and after brings new clients so they can see what you are capable of :D dont give up x

I have seen a few in my area set up in the last few months offering low prices, i let them get on with it as in the end I get these clients as there hair ends up in a mass of knots and matting and I remove them and end up with them as a client so in the end it works out well for me. I have no intentions of lowering my prices.

I have no intention of lowering mine either x

I am one of the most expensive extensionists in my area. I get loads of work. Mind you I am pretty good at it.

I am one of the most expensive extensionists in my area. I get loads of work. Mind you I am pretty good at it.

That just actually made me LOL! :biggrin:

I am so sick of these threads. Seems like everything we have said regarding this subject might as well be gibberish since it is just being ignored.

Well who would rather be primark than Armani? It makes no sense to be the cheapest.

All that happens is that you get the bargain bucket clients who think they are gonna come out looking like Cheryl Cole, not lily savage.
Far better to compete on quality than spend your life managing people's expectations downwards.

So frustrating!!! I've been going a little over a year and now putting my fittings up £30 per set? There is lots of ppl lower priced than me in the area, I don't advertised and are fully booked till 23rd July?. Don't lose heart and if your passionate about what u do u will get the client base you want. As for all you ladies offering silly cheap prices, you are doing yourself out of profit and waiting the market place for many.

I know we have had this post before, but i am getting so frustrated with girls around my area offering Hair extensions for dirt cheap .
One girl is doing a full head of micro rings for £140 !!!!
People are not wanting to pay Much so are going to get them done cheaper elsewhere.
Im trying to build my clientel up again as i had to stop as it was too much juggling work aswell and i am finding it very difficult.

I offer first maintenance inc in the price for my clients which usually id charge £20/ph for hoping to bring customers in but no .. still to expensive.

I am charging £230 for Full head of Micro ring extensions and £200 for fushion bonds.
Consultation is free and i take £100 deposit to secure appointment.
I give out aftercare information aswell and offer to get the hair extension brush for them at no added charge .

I dont think im expensive at all ?
Any input would be greatly appreciated please.

So frustrating!!! I've been going a little over a year and now putting my fittings up £30 per set? There is lots of ppl lower priced than me in the area, I don't advertised and are fully booked till 23rd July?. Don't lose heart and if your passionate about what u do u will get the client base you want. As for all you ladies offering silly cheap prices, you are doing yourself out of profit and waiting the market place for many.

Sorry wasting not waiting lol. On a rant!

I'm struggling big time!!! I've just started doing hair extensions ...I'm offering 3 different price brackets even asking for models who will just pay for there hair and I get a lot of questions but no bookings ....I feel like giving up and just doing my hairdressing x

it is fierce out there, there is always someone out there cutting corners, some say full head and actually given half head, some saying its cinderella hair etc, imo nothing worse than cheap nasty extensions.

but you just cant compete with some people, ive seen full head micro rings £80, not sure whats going in mind, no mention of aftercare. Some people think they going to come out with cheryl cole locks.

its trying to keep a fair price, once somebody sees that persons hair and like it they will pay that little bit extra.

Latest posts

Back