Hair extensions!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blondie21

Reaction score
hello fellow geeks, :rolleyes:

i need advice on hair extensions,
i am a hair stylists and have done lots of extensions with the bonding glue, used by the hot glue gun ( it sounds so blunt!)
the company i get the hair from is hairaisers.and is 100% human hair
just want to know if there is any other company or method of bonding that you are aware of and the pro's and con's

thanks girls looking forward to your replys?

Hi,
Im sorry i cant help u but im sure the hairdressing nail geeks out there will be able to.:)

Blondie21 said:
hello fellow geeks, :rolleyes:

i need advice on hair extensions,
i am a hair stylists and have done lots of extensions with the bonding glue, used by the hot glue gun ( it sounds so blunt!)
the company i get the hair from is hairaisers.and is 100% human hair
just want to know if there is any other company or method of bonding that you are aware of and the pro's and con's

thanks girls looking forward to your replys?

Hi hun,there are a few company's out there that do fantastic quality hair.
As for application method,i try to avoid bonded on dark hair as the bonds are more visable.The best place to look is the hairdressers journal,but feel free to pm me and i will let you know which brands i love and loathe lol x x xx

Hiya!
I have had hair extensions a few times with different types.So i can tell you what my experience is.The best on i had is the one that you braid and glue with a gluegun.That one is really light and didnt do any damage to my hair.
I didnt like the pre glued(nail glue),that type is was to heavy for my fine hair.A few of the extensions came out with my hair.The other type i have had is the one with the metall rings,not very good.A lot came out,so didnt last very long.

that is something i would love to get but cant afford im dying to have long hair again so if anyone needs a model up glasgow area im willing, lol

angie

thank you all very much for you replys, i now know that the haor extensions i do are still the better one on the market!

thanks again fellow geeks!

xxx:green:

hi hun, just a bit of usefull advice!

there is a glue that is black in colour that goes throgh the glue gun, so it looks great on dark hair when doing extensions! it does'nt show up at all i use it alot unless putting extensions on hair lighter than light brown!

the company i use Hairiasers will provide it for you i am sure!

hope this helps your problems.

Hi hun,

I have extentions and got them put in for a really decent price as the hair only cos £70 and is real hair!

Mine are braided in and are really good, they dont damage the hair (i have heard that the glue ones can? - sorry if thats wrong?!).

I will ask my hairdresser where she got the hair from - she only charged me £25 to braid them in too - so the whole thing was £95 - is that a good price? i thought that was quite reasonable from some of the prices i have heard of. Have had them in for 5 weeks so far and they are good

:green:

clips on's hun!! iv been wearing clip ons day in day out for last 5 months...no-one has ever asked if its fake...looks the niuts...well blended!!
I have lots of colours too, dark browns, curls! to change my look. And im growing my hair whilst i wear them! cool huh!!
Bought my hair for £20 human hair from jack kaye, then sewed my clips on..last lot i got cost £27 in total. the hair is great too!!

I personally use Great Lengths hair extensions. The bond they use is pre attached and is made of protien. check out thier website HTH Any questions e-mail me.
Kandy

there is a glue that is black in colour that goes throgh the glue gun, so it looks great on dark hair when doing extensions! it does'nt show up at all i use it alot unless putting extensions on hair lighter than light brown!

Hey i had my hair extentions in for two weeks now and with the black glue its great :lol: the glue cost me like £2.99 and the hair was only £29.99, plus becuase my lovely little sister is a trainee hair dresser and just done the extension courses they were put in for free!!! But back to the main point the glue is matched really well as my hair is dark brown.

Ive got some blonde ext in at the moment just glued them in myself cost me 20.00 hair and glue and everyone just thought id had some highlights :)

Where do you get these that you glue in yourself? Sallys? I have a lady who wears the clip in ones, and they look realy good, you cant tell. Also, do they have good clours? Im a natural redhead, so hard to match up!

I am not a hairdresser, but my father has been in the proffession for 40 years now.He has 2 salons, one of them in central London.(off BakerStreet)
He regularly does extensions on famous people and says he would never buy hair from anyone but Racoon. However, dont know the reasons though. He uses the glue gun method most regularly.xx:hug:

I had extentions done with the black glue as well, BUT i found that after a couple of weeks when my head got hot the glue became sticky and irrateing i ended up spending the eve picking the extentions out and then spent the next couple of weeks picking glue out of my hair.. but with ever
ything there is always pros and cons

hi hun,as a hairdresser i cant reccommend cinderella hair enough the hair is pre bonded and 100% natural,no one can believe i have extensions in.i was talking to a fellow hairdresser who was thinking of changing companies as she was using the hairraisers range , and she felt the quality of their hair at deterrierated and was amazed at my cinderella extensions that id had in at the time for over 2 months at how good quality the hair looked and also very natural.the 2 brands i highly recommend are the cinderella and the great lengths.

Latest posts

Back