Hair Extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

genoc12

Reaction score
hi all, wondering if anyone has and tips on which system of hair extensions to train in?
i have personally worn wefts, and am confident about placement and attachment, but i really wanted to train in more popular systems and names.
ive heard of great lengths, balmain, racoon, pro-styles and cindrella hair, but am not sure which is the best to go for! i was going to do cindrella first, but the course is only a day, so not sure this is long enough? also im a big believer in trying out a product before you offer it as a service, and although i can afford cinderella hair extensions i dont think i could afford to have racoon done, as they seem to charge a lot.
i have also heard negative things about great lengths, but im not sure whether this is acurate.

any advice would be much appreciated. thanks in advance!:)

cinderalla individual bonds are miuch thicker and better condition and are alot less likely to slip of in my opinion compared to balmain, and also they are able to be split for baby bonds. . i wud advise cinderella. . x

I would recommend you look into doing an extension course at a private beauty school.... this allows you to learn a few different methods such as fusion, micro ring and weaves but means you not forced to use a particular companies products which influences your prices.

It means depending on the client and their price range, you can accominated them using different hair etc.

I think there is a few in liverpool, def look into that tho.

i've been looking into it for months now & i chose cinderella because o've never heard a bad word about them.
I've heard balmains hair is not very good, and i have heard bad things about great lengths telling you to lie to your client & say you can keep the hair in up to 6 months when this causes the natural hair to become very damaged.
I have also been told that because of the way racoon is applied its much more liekely to shed because it relys on the skill of the extensionist to make sure each hair is coated with the glue

HTH

I trained in Cinderella in June and it was excellent. I have done other training four years ago in fusion and since done further training in various other methods. But if your interested in doing the prebonds and you want to use a brand then I would definetly recommend Cinderella. I do however think its worth training in various methods as one method doesnt suit every clients hair and lifestyle.

When it comes to hair extensions your best bet is to go for clip in hair, they dont damage your hair, they are easy to do and will take over all the more permenant methods due to them being more affordable and easier to do. If you really want to do a permenant system then I think Racoon is quite good!

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for feedback so far, lots to think about!
not sure if i will do clip in extensions though as i have worn then myself and found i was constantly fiddling with them as i was paronoid they were going to get blown away everytime i went outside the shopping centre! (i live in mk and our shops are one straight line, so you go outside and your perfect hair can look like a haystack in 2seconds!)

Latest posts

Back