hair extensions....?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Katmoz33

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2004
Messages
1,461
Reaction score
50
Location
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Hi
i know this is not to do with nails but i know how good you all are at helping out!
i am wanting to do a course in hair extensions, i havent done any hair courses yet but i have found one called Balmain (eurohair.com) who have said i can go on their course even though i am not yet a hair dresser, they say they get a lot of beauty therapists etc just wanting to learn extensions....the thing is i have never heard of any of these companys and i dont know which is any good and which isnt???
has anyone got any ideas? or done a course in hair extensions?
not sure where to start !!!!
thank you for reading this
kAt xxx
 

Lellipop

Lelli Loo Loo
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
10,230
Reaction score
442
Location
Lellipop Land
Hi,
There are lots of colleges offering courses in doing hair extensions now, Not sure where abouts you live but give your local college a ring.
I would say that you would need to be pretty good at braiding and doing corn rows to be able to learn hair extensions. There is also private courses but be aware that there are a lot of dogdy tutors out there.
 

Katmoz33

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2004
Messages
1,461
Reaction score
50
Location
Castleford, West Yorkshire
i am in leeds if anyone knows of any courses....?! or just the name of someone good who does training?!
 

xniceyloux

hair extension geek!!
Joined
Feb 17, 2006
Messages
598
Reaction score
20
Location
notts
hi there ladies, i do know of a hair extension course that you do not need to be a qualified hairdresser to take the course it is £450 and in the notts area i would be more than happy to give you the details
drop me an email:wink2:
loux
 

justbonds

Active Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2006
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Location
Birmingham
I'm a hair extensionist based in the Midlands.

I'd be more than happy to help out with any information on starting out if you're interested.

I don't offer training but can help put you in the right direction if necessary.

Email me at [email protected]

x
 

becki x

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
5,827
Reaction score
267
Location
Hemsworth west yorkshire
Hi there,m+s supplies,a local hair and beauty wholesaler in Leeds have Balmain paris in quite ofen to do training for hair professionals,give them a bell x
 

tink18

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2005
Messages
459
Reaction score
8
Location
w.yorks
I'm a hairdresser and i use Mane Connections hair extensions, recently had mine taken out. The only thing I would be careful of is not being able to blend the extensions in with the natural hair if you aren't a hairdresser, thats what sets good believable hair extensions apart from bad ones as their hair would stop bluntly thn the hair extensions would start creating a step effect.Although the company might train you to blend in. Also with alot people wanting them your cheap versions have come out, I know quite a few people who go to Leeds market and get the hair and glue and put them in themselves, they aren't up tp much but wherever people can get away with not paying out alot you know what they're like! :) good luck! here's the site it might help www.maneconnection.co.uk
 

Cuttie_Pie

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2005
Messages
445
Reaction score
3
Location
Leeds
tink18 said:
I'm a hairdresser and i use Mane Connections hair extensions, recently had mine taken out. The only thing I would be careful of is not being able to blend the extensions in with the natural hair if you aren't a hairdresser, thats what sets good believable hair extensions apart from bad ones as their hair would stop bluntly thn the hair extensions would start creating a step effect.Although the company might train you to blend in. Also with alot people wanting them your cheap versions have come out, I know quite a few people who go to Leeds market and get the hair and glue and put them in themselves, they aren't up tp much but wherever people can get away with not paying out alot you know what they're like! :) good luck! here's the site it might help www.maneconnection.co.uk
I got mine from the leeds market cos i have to admit i am a cheap skate but I am a student so who cares.. I have clip in ones so just wear them for when i want to..... They look really good and loads of people comment on how good a match they are to my natural hair. Really easy to handle and put in. So i really dont think they are that bad to be honest. NOM
 

FLYGAL1983

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2006
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Location
Dagenham
Hey

Im an extensionist, based in London I did some training, and its the best thing i ever did. I have a great hair wholesaler too!! im going to do a basica cutting course later on in the year to fit in with the extensions but i have no problems blending with a razor.

I wouldnt do balmain, I havent heard anything good said about them!!!
 

avivajoy

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 16, 2005
Messages
732
Reaction score
35
Location
israel
Is there anywhere a person can get hair extensions done by students, ie cheap or free?!? Yes, that person is me and it isnt that I am a tightwad but that I havnt got the money for non necessities. Ive wanted them for years and have made a vow to have them before I die. I can just see it tho' me at 85 years old with black and purple extensions.lolxxx
 

tink18

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2005
Messages
459
Reaction score
8
Location
w.yorks
avivajoy said:
Is there anywhere a person can get hair extensions done by students, ie cheap or free?!? Yes, that person is me and it isnt that I am a tightwad but that I havnt got the money for non necessities. Ive wanted them for years and have made a vow to have them before I die. I can just see it tho' me at 85 years old with black and purple extensions.lolxxx
if you know a local salon that do extensions and are learning staff or have apprentices' they might do it at a special price
 

tink18

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2005
Messages
459
Reaction score
8
Location
w.yorks
Cuttie_Pie said:
I got mine from the leeds market cos i have to admit i am a cheap skate but I am a student so who cares.. I have clip in ones so just wear them for when i want to..... They look really good and loads of people comment on how good a match they are to my natural hair. Really easy to handle and put in. So i really dont think they are that bad to be honest. NOM
Iv seen the ones that clip on, my mate uses them and they do look good I was on about the ones that u attach like a weft with the glue a girl came into the salon wanting us to take them out she had glue all over her hair and was bald where she'd tried getting them out! :eek:
 

babyblu

New Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
liverpool
hey everyone im new to these forums, i had racoon hair extensions at xmas they were glued in , i loved the result, when i had them taken out i feel like ive lost lots of hair. im not sure if it is because i am used to having the extensions and my hair just feels realy thin, or if my hair has been pulled out. im having them put back in tomorrow. im just worried that i am damaging my hair. and im going to end up baled.

Can anyone give me some advice.....

xx:rolleyes:
 

FLYGAL1983

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2006
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Location
Dagenham
What I generally say is, and this is from experiance of wearing them.

I think you hair feels thinner because for 3/4 months you have had hair double the thickness of your own naturdally so when you have them taken out (professionally) there should not be anymore hair loss then you would have normally lost over that time period.

However if you took them out yourself (something i was guilty of before training) then you may have damaged your hair and lost some.
 

lunular

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2005
Messages
80
Reaction score
0
Location
northampton
hi i use balmin and i have no trouble with them at all my daughter has had hers in for nearly 4 mths now and they still look as good as new, i am not a hairdresser by trade but i am going to college later this year to do hairdressing as all i can do is blend the extensions into the natural hair but if the client wants it styled she has to go to a hairdresser and not all of them like doing styles on clients who have had extensions done by someone else
 

BABSann

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2006
Messages
4,549
Reaction score
257
Location
In my own little world
hi,I had extensions put in by a lady who was not a hairdresser.She did an excellent job.This was back in November and I took them out myself last wednesday,with the help of my daughter.my hair does feel thinner but as mentioned i personally think its cause I had a half head full of extensions for 4 months.I loved the look of them but must admit hated the bonds and found them itchy.However I do have a sensitive head.I would love to train in extensions with a reputable company and hope to one day do this.The lady who did my hair was trained with Raccoon but used Russion hair which was of very good quality.In 4 months I didnt lose one single extension even though I went over the bonds sometimes by accident with my straightners, so I rate her work very highly indeed.Good luck to you.
 

xniceyloux

hair extension geek!!
Joined
Feb 17, 2006
Messages
598
Reaction score
20
Location
notts
hi there i have also taken the balmain course..yes it was great although if you are not a hairdresser you cannot have the certificate but they will allow you to go on the course...hope this helps..:green:
 

blush

Active Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2006
Messages
28
Reaction score
1
Location
hatfield,doncaster
Hi ,At my salon we do Cinderella extensions they are very good and I know there is a course at Adeles in Leeds.
From Julie
 

Latest posts

Top