Hair falling out HELP

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kittenclaws

gona be slim geek
Reaction score
i am looking for advice desperatly,
since have surgery 6 weeks ago my hair is falling out by the handfull:eek:, when i wash it it is worse so i have tsarted washing it only 3 times a week and have stoped useing streighteners and hair products,
i just wash and condition, once a week i use an intensive conditioner and wrap my hair in a warm towel for 10 minutes.

is there anything else i can do to help, my gp said it is due to stress as ive had problems recovering from the op:cry:

any advice would be great appreciated thanks

Aw hun :hug:

No lotions and potions will help,just leave it alone as much as you can,and try to focus on your recovery and relaxing :hug:

Aw hun :hug:

No lotions and potions will help,just leave it alone as much as you can,and try to focus on your recovery and relaxing :hug:
thanks for the reply
owww i was really hopeing there was something i could do:cry:
the kids think its a joke now as my hair is all over the house, and the hair i do have left really looks like a crows nest coz i cant use the streiteners so i just tie it up

I'm sorry Tracey but i wouldn't recommend tying it up if you can avoid it.

As the follicle is in such a fragile state,it could result in a condition called tension allapeacha.

This is caused by pulling/tying up the hair,usually to the extreme,but i this case i would avoid it.

I would say get a great mousse and wear your hair curly/wavy for a while,this will make it appear fuller,as well as allowing it to rest

Cos you are avoiding ironing it you will se an improvement in the condition also

Hth's :hug:

thanks hun, i will try not to tie it up so much, im just consious of it looking like a crows nest at the moment, i soooooo hope it sorts itself out soon

Get some good curling products from your local salon,and embrace the wave :D

Loose toussled hair is all the rage,and often very flattering :hug:

Get some good curling products from your local salon,and embrace the wave :D

Loose toussled hair is all the rage,and often very flattering :hug:

what kind of hair products would you recomend and also my hair doesnt know if its streit or wavey so what could i use to ballance it as im not to sure on useing curling tongs on it at the moment, also i doesnt hold a curl/wave so what is the best way to do it??
sorry for asking so many questions but im desperate for something i look like worzel gummage:eek:

I love the wella high hair range,you will be surprised at what degree of kink/wave/curl can be acheieved with the right product alone

I would recomend curl energiser mousse

thanks i,ll give that a try

tbh I would take sometime out for yourself, it was obviously a traumatic experience for you and the body reacts in different ways. No pills or potions will work just relaxation and let your body heal itself...it will but it takes abit of time. A big hug for you:hug:Teresa

tbh I would take sometime out for yourself, it was obviously a traumatic experience for you and the body reacts in different ways. No pills or potions will work just relaxation and let your body heal itself...it will but it takes abit of time. A big hug for you:hug:Teresa
thanks for the hug hun, i am trying to find me time but the kids are always on the go and between hospital visits, and home there just isnt enough hours in a day, althou i love painting and my sister has asked me to do a couple of pics for her so i may just lock myself in the garage and get on with them, im sure the world wont explode if i hide for a couple of hours:lol:

Latest posts

Back