Hair falling out please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebecca May

Reaction score
Hi everyone. My name is Rebecca I've joined the site purely as a last resort and maybe stop the utter despair I'm in.

I have always had fine hair but alot of fine hair. In august i had a weave fitted for holiday, it was in no more than 6 weeks. When I had it removed my hair felt a lot finer. I just want to add at this point it was not in my brain I literally had half my hair left. Fast forward to now and the condition hasn't improved. It's been 4 months and it's like scraggly and my pony is like a twig. My hair is past bra strap and I've considered cutting it off but it's fine top to bottom so I'd still be in the same position. My scalp is a bit itchy also. I don't use any heat and regularly do deep conditions. I'm going to the doctors next week as it's that bad I think I could be poorly. I have been patient but daren't brush it now. I just wanted to know if anyone else had gone through this and is there light at the end of the tunnel? I can't upload a picture on this as it's saying too big I'll try again once I've posted this thread. Thank you in advance.

Hi Rebecca, don't stress about it, that will only make it worse!

Best thing to do is make sure you maintaining a healthy diet with lots of foods high in vitamin b.

If your hair is past your bra then it's quite long considering it's fine. Having it cut shorter will make it feel thicker and look a lot healthier.

Weaves and extensions always seem like a great idea but they put so much weight on your hair that it makes it weak.

My advice is go to the hair salon and see what your hairdresser says, they should have a shampoo and conditioner to recommend you which will help maintain a healthy scalp.

Hope this helps x

Hi Rebecca, don't stress about it, that will only make it worse!

Best thing to do is make sure you maintaining a healthy diet with lots of foods high in vitamin b.

If your hair is past your bra then it's quite long considering it's fine. Having it cut shorter will make it feel thicker and look a lot healthier.

Weaves and extensions always seem like a great idea but they put so much weight on your hair that it makes it weak.

My advice is go to the hair salon and see what your hairdresser says, they should have a shampoo and conditioner to recommend you which will help maintain a healthy scalp.

Hope this helps x
Thank you so much for replying. I'm in the salon Saturday to have a good cut. I've purchased sea kelp, zinc, biotin and just looking at nioxin stage 6 but I'll read some more reviews first. I haven't slept for days thinking I may have a serious illness but I think this could be down to stress as I had a really bad time last year. I just feel bald right now. My hair is long but it's like a barcode down my back!! xx

Thank you so much for replying. I'm in the salon Saturday to have a good cut. I've purchased sea kelp, zinc, biotin and just looking at nioxin stage 6 but I'll read some more reviews first. I haven't slept for days thinking I may have a serious illness but I think this could be down to stress as I had a really bad time last year. I just feel bald right now. My hair is long but it's like a barcode down my back!! xx
When you say like a barcode, do you mean it's all jagged? No real length?

That will do it good, ask your hairdresser what they recommend, it's easier for them to suggest as they can see touch and get a feel of your hair, it's harder for us to do that with just a description.

I'm sure it will get better in time x

When you say like a barcode, do you mean it's all jagged? No real length?

That will do it good, ask your hairdresser what they recommend, it's easier for them to suggest as they can see touch and get a feel of your hair, it's harder for us to do that with just a description.

I'm sure it will get better in time x
Not jagged but separated if that makes sense. Like hangs in rows I'm going to update this page with my story of recovery I'm determined to bring my hair back to health and give hope to others it's been a horrible experience I will never go near extensions again as irrespective of looking after it some hair just can't take it xx

Latest posts

Back