Hair feathers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellylill

Reaction score
Not proper hair feathers...but I've bought some coloured and 'feather' hair extensions (synthetic) to do at my sons summer gala next weekend. I'm just wondering how much to charge for them singularly/a set of however many? I'm not making anything for myself just raising money for the school, I have 100 and they only cost about £12. Was also thinking about getting some thread and doing braids/wraps too?

I've done the cotton thread hair braid/wraps before at a church fair and charged 50p per inch of hair. I also had some ready made on hair grips for the ones who's parents didn't want it to be permanent and sold those for £4 each. I reckon hair feathers you could probably do for 4 or 5 pounds.

Thanks for your reply. I think I'm going to charge more for the wraps, simply because it will take me longer to do. Maybe £2 for a feather and £3 for a wrap? Good idea about pre made wraps but just wondering what you wrap it round? Thanks.

I'd definitely say charge per inch of hair for wraps. It's going to take a lot longer if a little girl has hair right down her back! If doing ones on hair grips I just wrap the colour I'm using round the other threads and they come out looking the same.

Thanks, I've ordered some threads so will have a play when they arrive.

Do you have any photos ? I really want to buy some but don't know where to get them? Looked on eBay but unsure how much I trust it ? Xx

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180949072311
I bought these off eBay and they seem really good for the money! I've put a couple in on my block head to take to the gala with me. They are synthetic so not sure how they'd cope with heat, I might test actually, but I assume that the kids who I'll be doing them for won't be straightening their hair or anything!

Latest posts

Back