Hair for sale?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

socialbutterfly

Reaction score
I want to have my hair cut and im having a bob. My hair is quite long at the moment and i wondered if there was anywhere that i can sell or give my hair to for wigs? or maybe to make wigs for cancer patients....seems a shame to just throw it away?
Anyone know of anywhere that does that?

Thanks....i know its kinda weird!!

how many inches r u cutting off...? there are lots of places but they usually need a certain amount of inches

Hiya,
the hair should be first tied in a tight pony tail with a band then cut above the band so it stays in the ponytail .
if it gets muddled at all it cannot be used ,
It must stay the exact way as it came off the head. :hug: x

I think giving it to the cancer foundation would be wonderful.:green:
We have a day every year where people line up to have their heads shaved, to be used for wigs for cancer patients.

Locks of Love does this:
Locks of Love

HOW TO DONATE
  • 10 inches measured tip to tip is the minimum length needed for a hairpiece.
  • Hair must be in a ponytail or braid before it is cut.
  • Hair must be clean and completely dry before it is mailed in.
  • Place the ponytail or braid inside of a plastic bag, and then inside of a padded envelope.
  • If you wish to receive our personalized thank-you card, please fill out the hair donation form, or write your name and address on a full size separate sheet of paper and include inside the envelope. We cannot acknowledge donors who do not send their name and address according to these instructions.
  • All hair donations must be mailed to Locks of Love at:

2925 10th Avenue N
    Suite 102
    Lake Worth, FL 33461-3099
  • Please be sure to use the entire zip code when mailing. Thank you!

I think giving it to the cancer foundation would be wonderful.:green:
We have a day every year where people line up to have their heads shaved, to be used for wigs for cancer patients.

Locks of Love does this:
Locks of Love

Well this is a great idea Victoria , this is a fab way to donate hair ,
good thinking :hug: x

Thanks!

But I didn't "think" of it. I just know OF it.:o

And for those that DO it,, I have to give them a HUGE hand of applause because I for one could NEVER cut off all my hair.
I can't stand short hair on me, and if a hairdresser cuts more than 1", I'm in tears (literally! how pathetic is that? LOL)

Latest posts

Back