Hair gone wrong? Photos included

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkayla_herex

Xamyx
Reaction score
I wonder if any of you lovely hairdressing ladies can help me- I had my hair done last Monday (29th oct) I loved it when it was done but I have gone through it and to me it looks like the hair has not been blended well or a lot of the back has just been rushed through/skipped- I’m not a hairdresser( beauty therapist) so wanted to see opinions from professionals.

I have attached pics below- I usually have a all over scalp bleach- I left my roots to grow out for about 4/5 months as I liked the darker root look. I didn’t want to go all over blonde again but felt the root was now too grown out. I said I wanted the underneath/ lower half roots all scalped bleached and then highlights on top with bleach and light blonde highlights- she’s said this wouldn’t blend in and will see block of colour (is this true as I thought this would look ok?) anyway My hairdresser and I agreed to do all over highlights with bleach and a light blonde- ( she did do bleach highlights but also for some reason done dark blonde too and then left my natural colour in there too) she used ash toner all over.

Looking at the pictures does my hair look right to you- as you can still see the root line- should this not be blended more? I don’t want to go back to the hairdressers yet incase it’s just me being fussy- I was one of these annoying clients who didn’t really know what they wanted anyway so perhaps I wasn’t clear enough.
The first picture below is straight after it was done- the rest is one week later.

IMG_5376.JPG

IMG_5374.JPG

IMG_5369.JPG

IMG_5366.JPG

Sorry this post is long but would appreciate any advice so I am more clear what to ask for next time (or wether I should go back and complain :-s)

Whether or not to complain depends on exactly what you asked for initially and what you agreed to, following the consultation. When paying for a service, you really need to be clear about what you want. Do some research online and save pictures of what you like on your phone perhaps. Show them to the hairdresser.

If you’re too vague and the hairdresser does her best to interpret your thoughts but the outcome isn’t exactly what you wanted, you need to take responsibility for that. As the saying goes, it’s a tint brush not a magic wand.
Maybe your hairdresser did her best to interpret your description or maybe she just did a slight variation of what she does for most of her clients?
I don’t know.

I said I wanted the underneath/ lower half roots all scalped bleached and then highlights on top with bleach and light blonde highlights- she’s said this wouldn’t blend in and will see block of colour (is this true as I thought this would look ok?)

I’m inclined to agree with your hairdresser about your initial suggestion not blending well. If you ever put your hair up or in a pony, it will just look weird.

As it stands, if you want less root showing, you’re going to need more bleach highlights adding.
Why not go back and discuss it with her?
Realistically, as you’ve left it a week, I’d expect her to charge you full price to carry out a second highlight service, but if you’re a good client, she might be prepared to reduce the cost.

Hope this helps?

Thank you for your replies- you are right I was not completely clear as I was unsure myself what I wanted so it is possible she done what she thought was best.

I’m trying to get my hair in good condition and not dye it so often so will wait a few weeks to get my hair re done again. I will ask for a lot more bleach highlights next time which hopefully should loose the root line.

Thank you again for your replies :) x

From what I am guessing is that you want the underneath to be more like what she has done on the top? If that's the case you need to pack it out with baby lights, this will blend in your regrowth and give you a more even look.

Going by what you’ve said, the hairdresser said that it wouldn’t blend... going from an all over bleach to bleach highlights it’s not going to blend... you’re going from having it painted on over all of your roots to highlights where you leave the weave out at the very least. Unfortunately, when you leave it as long as you did, the root area is so long youll likely have a slight shadow there.
The only thing I would’ve done is stick with bleach highlights and only leave the weave out, not a section too... and possibly done slightly thicker weaves... the only way you would’ve stopped the banding is by having your natural colour painted around the highlights xxxxx

Latest posts

Back