Hair has a pink tinge!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stella1981

Reaction score
Hi geeks pls help I have toned a prelightened base 10 with colour touch 9/73 & pastel..it has a slight pink tinge to it. My client Just wants to tone it down & add a little warmth but I'm not familiar with toners as not done many before. Should I be Adding base or mabe dropping to an 8 for it to show, I don't want it to be too much darker.. Thanks in advance my friends. X

Anyone?? [emoji51]

Did you anti oxy before toning?

Yes I'm using Wella but just colour touch as its a new client. Not anti oxy Hun x

Yes I'm using Wella but just colour touch as its a new client. Not anti oxy Hun x

That'll be why its pink then! I would give it a few good shampoos and tone again!

I think 9/73 on the colour chart actually has a pinky tinge to it anyway if I remember correctly? If she wants it a bit warmer I'd just go over it with 9/03.

I think 9/73 on the colour chart actually has a pinky tinge to it anyway if I remember correctly? If she wants it a bit warmer I'd just go over it with 9/03.

Nope.

Thanks guys! would 9/03 cover grey or would I have to drop to an 8 for coverage as she has about 40% grey at front or 88/03??

Thanks guys! would 9/03 cover grey or would I have to drop to an 8 for coverage as she has about 40% grey at front or 88/03??

Theres no white if you've prelightened?

Hey Hun she has a slight regrowth as did the colour months ago but wanted to make sure I give her the correct tone this time. Last time I did it I ended up with the pink tinge.she liked it but you know when it's not right & just wanted it to be the best it can be. Wanting to keep it as simple as possible too to keep the cost down! Any suggestions?? X

It's the grey I'm most worried about tbh (the coverage) I would do c/t 9/73 & 9/0 but will it blend the grey if I use it on dry hair. To be honest this would be far easier than messing with two different mixtures.

It's the grey I'm most worried about tbh (the coverage) I would do c/t 9/73 & 9/0 but will it blend the grey if I use it on dry hair. To be honest this would be far easier than messing with two different mixtures.

What colour is the natural pigmented hair at the root?

She's about an 8 Hun.

Quite cool could be an 8/1

I might try because at least I get the coverage then. I take it you tried this before Hun.. I'm just quite nervous when it comes to toners it won't go too dark with the double base will it?? Thanks for the advice btw Hun x

Latest posts

Back