Hair help, advice needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubble83

Reaction score
Hi all,

After 5 months of trying to go from a base 5 to a caramel balayage brunette style and spending £350 with a hairdresser and still was only a 6 , I gave up and needed to get rid of a very warm (orange in some parts) hue! So I decided to not try and go any lighter and do it myself. So I mixed a L’Oreal 6.1 and a L’Oreal 5.1 and for some reason it’s come out quite dark / on the verge of black. I was contemplating colour B4 but I really don’t want to ruin my hair. Is there any way I can lighten it just half a shade, maybe one naturally? I give up trying to get my hair to a caramel colour, I’m too impatient but at the same time I much rather conditioned hair than my colour I want that I will eventually change anyway. With the autumn coming I’m even thinking of going a deep burgundy, so maybe some advice on how I can achieve that too? But for now, I’m slightly too dark, and I’m baffled why these two colours have done it!?

Sorry, we cannot provide technical colour advice to a diy-er. It’s against site rules.
Sounds like you haven’t found a good colourist yet, so maybe keep on looking.

I’m not a DIY-er I’m a beauty therapist with limited knowledge on hair as I previously qualified as a hairstylist when I was 16. Now 36, so was asking for a some advice

What you’re asking about is a complex colour correction so I’d still recommend you find a good colourist.

No one will help because you need a lot of work done, made worse now that you've made it even darker.
You'd never be able to 'diy' this to what you want.
Hopefully you can find someone who can push your hair more than the last hairdresser, look for someone who uses olaplex

Latest posts

Back