Hair help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmajane93x

Reaction score
So I got my roots bleached last night and the toner has made it really dark it was a 913 I believe, my hair was bright blonde before.

how can I lighten this by Saturday? Is it safe for me to even put a box dye on it? Used L’Oréal preference before which worked good and lightened it as it has bleach in it, or do I have to get a full head bleach again then tone?

it was only my roots that were bleached and tbh could do with longer as they are a bit orangey, the tone is more golden / darker ash

I have attached a before and after below ignore the condition in 2nd pic my hairs always been that way when blow dried and totally fine/smooth when straightened
E130C3D7-0E4A-4B00-A53D-E3F6F809ED7B.jpeg09E7CC79-C01B-4BED-BC41-7B4C368DC5AE.jpeg

I wouldn't necessarily say it's darker, it's just more Ash /cooler. You don't need to be bleaching your hair and certainly don't be putting any box dies on it! It appears darker because it hasn't got the glow that the previous colour had. Cooler colour absorb the light so always appear darker. Warmer colours will reflect the light and always appear brighter.

All you need to do is wash your hair in a deep cleansing shampoo, follow the instructions and it will lift a fair bit of that out. If you'd prefer a professional to address it, call back the person who put it on? Explain to them what you don't like about it and ask them to get rid of the toner. It's a simple process to someone who knows what they're doing.

I wouldn't necessarily say it's darker, it's just more Ash /cooler. You don't need to be bleaching your hair and certainly don't be putting any box dies on it! It appears darker because it hasn't got the glow that the previous colour had. Cooler colour absorb the light so always appear darker. Warmer colours will reflect the light and always appear brighter.

All you need to do is wash your hair in a deep cleansing shampoo, follow the instructions and it will lift a fair bit of that out. If you'd prefer a professional to address it, call back the person who put it on? Explain to them what you don't like about it and ask them to get rid of the toner. It's a simple process to someone who knows what they're doing.

thank you I have already said and been told that it needs to be bleached because another toner or dye won’t lift tint

thank you I have already said and been told that it needs to be bleached because another toner or dye won’t lift tint
It doesn't need to be bleached or tinted.

Latest posts

Back