Hair help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeoAshley07

Reaction score
Hi I would like some advice regarding my hair.
Around November 2018 I had my hair cut by a Turkish barber however the end result was dreadful and haven’t ever lived it down and completely ruined my hair ever since. I used to have like an Afro however the barber cut it that short it hasn’t been right since. The hair at the front curls. However at the back it doesn’t and it looks a mess. My barber has suggested for me to shave it all off and start over again and see what happens. Is that worth doing? Should I Just keep growing my hair? If I do shave it all off is there anything I can do to ensure it curls all over when it regrows? What do people recommend? The white jumper Photo is the most recent photo. BDFABEB7-C6C1-4AE7-8AEC-602B322F508A.jpeg7B3B21BE-6419-4C0C-B5A4-A28322815783.jpegF35C422B-F783-4469-89EC-645A27BE32E8.jpeg6ED55529-E571-4CA7-9F0D-42C1442BA1B7.jpeg32EB2572-DD5E-45BA-975B-E940DD073462.jpegBDFABEB7-C6C1-4AE7-8AEC-602B322F508A.jpeg

Hi I would like some advice regarding my hair.
Around November 2018 I had my hair cut by a Turkish barber however the end result was dreadful and haven’t ever lived it down and completely ruined my hair ever since. I used to have like an Afro however the barber cut it that short it hasn’t been right since. The hair at the front curls. However at the back it doesn’t and it looks a mess. My barber has suggested for me to shave it all off and start over again and see what happens. Is that worth doing? Should I Just keep growing my hair? If I do shave it all off is there anything I can do to ensure it curls all over when it regrows? What do people recommend? The white jumper Photo is the most recent photo. View attachment 209776View attachment 209777View attachment 209778View attachment 209779View attachment 209775View attachment 209776
What are you using on your hair, have you changed your hair regime at all?

What are you using on your hair, have you changed your hair regime at all?

I justuse some Tresemme luxurious moisture.

I justuse some Tresemme luxurious moisture.
I strongly recommend changing your product range. Tresseme is heavily silicone based, this Coates the hair and will affect elasticity and your curl formation. Take a look at the Curly girl/guy method. This may be something you would benefit from.

I strongly recommend changing your product range. Tresseme is heavily silicone based, this Coates the hair and will affect elasticity and your curl formation. Take a look at the Curly girl/guy method. This may be something you would benefit from.
Would you be able to recommend any products for me and anyway to enhance the curls?

Yes The Cantu products are semi professional, so are available through the public, but these products are formulated to specifically take care of curly hair. They do a low - poo shampoo and a moisturising conditioner. Then maybe use the curl activator and either the styling gel or the dressing pomade.

Latest posts

Back