Hair in a mole

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lauraj

Reaction score
So here I'm going for the stupid question of the day

Can you pull a hair out of a mole with a pair of tweezers?

Here's why I'm asking. When I was at school I had a friend who plucked her mole hair and it wouldn't stop bleeding and she had to go to the hospital and have it stiched. So I have a hair in a mole and normally I carefully cut it with some sissors (can't believe I'm sharing this lol) but it would be way easier to pull it out however I'm worried that it won't stop bleeding.

Any thoughts??

So here I'm going for the stupid question of the day

Can you pull a hair out of a mole with a pair of tweezers?

Here's why I'm asking. When I was at school I had a friend who plucked her mole hair and it wouldn't stop bleeding and she had to go to the hospital and have it stiched. So I have a hair in a mole and normally I carefully cut it with some sissors (can't believe I'm sharing this lol) but it would be way easier to pull it out however I'm worried that it won't stop bleeding.

Any thoughts??

I have a hair in a mole haha but I tweeze it out with no problems. No bleeding or anything. My kids press my mole and make me sing I'm a mole and live in a hole hahaha but that's something else :)

I have 2 moles on my face, 1 on each cheek lol, 1 hair is always black & the other is always white? weird or what!

I always pluck mine out as soon as i see them poking through, or I'd just end up looking like a bloke otherwise lol x

i have a hair coming out a mole in my arm and its black and curly so yes i tweeze it out but my college tutor told me if you pull a hair out a mole it gives you cancer... is this not true???? :lol:

I have a mole on my arm which has a hair and I always pull it out, it has never bled.

I have also heard that you're not supposed to pluck hairs from moles as it can increase the chances of it turning cancerous...but then I've also heard sitting on a public loo seat can get you pregnant :D

I think it's definitely a question for a doctor..keep meaning to ask mine!

I have a mole that has two black hairs that wave at me! I tweeze them out no problem. Never heard about the cancer :Scared:

I was all for tweezering them until cancer was mentioned. Thanks for the replies everyone xx

Surely you wax over moles? I've got one in my brow and that gets waxed. Isn't that kinda the same thing?xx

I always believed that you should NOT wax, tweeze or pull any hairs out if moles. I was lead to believe that this can gradually change the molecular structure of the mole ?? However I have not got any scientific evidence of this?? Think I will be doing a bit if research tonight x

According to my hubby, a GP, you can pluck, shave, or wax hair off a mole and it will not cause melanoma or any other skin type cancer. But do be careful because in some cases, plucking can cause an inflammation. The only thing you SHOULD do is keep it out the sun as much as possible, or if it's at a spot where it's exposed to sun, apply zinc oxide cream on it to keep it protected. My dermatologist tells me the same thing about the birthmark on my chin. :lol:

According to my hubby, a GP, you can pluck, shave, or wax hair off a mole and it will not cause melanoma or any other skin type cancer. But do be careful because in some cases, plucking can cause an inflammation. The only thing you SHOULD do is keep it out the sun as much as possible, or if it's at a spot where it's exposed to sun, apply zinc oxide cream on it to keep it protected. My dermatologist tells me the same thing about the birthmark on my chin. :lol:

Very interesting to know!! Thanks ! X

Thanks everyone I was really suprised at your answers I expected the first one to just be someone say either "of course you can don't be daft" or "god no never pluck a mole" but it seems there are more confused people out there than just me. Thank you Chickafish for asking your other half that's really useful for anyone wondering. I pulled the hairs out this morning, it didn't bleed and didn't hurt I don't know what I was fretting about :)

No problemo. I was curious , myself, cuz I've been pulling hair out the one from my arm since forever so I thought I'd ask the medical library that I live with. :lol: I think people link doing stuff to their moles makes it turn cancerous because moles DO turn malignant without a warning, so people link it to whatever it is they've done to it. My husband usually suggests people look into getting them removed altogether just to reduce the risk. He's gotten a few of his removed through the years. Harmless, and if sutured by a good surgeon, no scars! :D

Thanks for this info I was going into panic mode!

Latest posts

Back