Hair in need of help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxerin1990xx

Reaction score
Hello!

My name is Erin and I am 26yrs old and have been doing my own hair cuts and colors since I was 17. I have had brown, dark blonde, black, ginger-y, auburn, fire engine red, dark blue, green...and the current black+ blue+ purple.

My issue is obviously damage. I have very thick, healthy, strong hair... but I do bleach my roots once every 5 weeks, I do my blue and purple ever 2 weeks and the black every 4 weeks. On top of that I wash is everyday because I have am oily scalp, I blow dry everyday, flat iron everyday... It doesn't get much rest!! Oh and we have really hard water but we do have a softener and I have an extra filtration system in the shower head.

I was curious to hear from some hair professionals some advice on care and products. I'm looking obviously for products that promote repair, add moisture, help with split ends etc... but I don't want any products that leave my hair heavy and leave weird waxy like coatings on it...

Here's a list of the products I use:
L'Oreal extreme repair shampoo, conditioner and repairing mask, megasilk heat protect spray, Joyco luster lock conditioning treatment, natural coconut oil, ion 20 volume developer, wella color charm bleaching powder, manic panic atomic turquoise & voodoo blue & pastelizer, ion brights radiant orchid, garnier nutrisse blue black and ion color lock conditioner.

The bleach I only leave on for 15mins since its just on new growth, then I shampoo and rinse it. The manic panic and ion colors sit for 2hrs. Then rinse and let conditioner sit 5mins. Every once in a while I do coconut oil treatments usually right before bleaching. I let the coconut oil sit for 2hrs then either bleach and shampoo or just shampoo and condition. Also, my hair is naturally curly/wavy, thick and coarse and it's pretty long and very layered.

I still have split ends and breakage which is why I'm looking for some help!!

Attachments

• IMAG3909.jpg
    IMAG3909.jpg
    959 KB · Views: 90
Hello!

My name is Erin and I am 26yrs old and have been doing my own hair cuts and colors since I was 17. I have had brown, dark blonde, black, ginger-y, auburn, fire engine red, dark blue, green...and the current black+ blue+ purple.

My issue is obviously damage. I have very thick, healthy, strong hair... but I do bleach my roots once every 5 weeks, I do my blue and purple ever 2 weeks and the black every 4 weeks. On top of that I wash is everyday because I have am oily scalp, I blow dry everyday, flat iron everyday... It doesn't get much rest!! Oh and we have really hard water but we do have a softener and I have an extra filtration system in the shower head.

I was curious to hear from some hair professionals some advice on care and products. I'm looking obviously for products that promote repair, add moisture, help with split ends etc... but I don't want any products that leave my hair heavy and leave weird waxy like coatings on it...

Here's a list of the products I use:
L'Oreal extreme repair shampoo, conditioner and repairing mask, megasilk heat protect spray, Joyco luster lock conditioning treatment, natural coconut oil, ion 20 volume developer, wella color charm bleaching powder, manic panic atomic turquoise & voodoo blue & pastelizer, ion brights radiant orchid, garnier nutrisse blue black and ion color lock conditioner.

The bleach I only leave on for 15mins since its just on new growth, then I shampoo and rinse it. The manic panic and ion colors sit for 2hrs. Then rinse and let conditioner sit 5mins. Every once in a while I do coconut oil treatments usually right before bleaching. I let the coconut oil sit for 2hrs then either bleach and shampoo or just shampoo and condition. Also, my hair is naturally curly/wavy, thick and coarse and it's pretty long and very layered.

I still have split ends and breakage which is why I'm looking for some help!!

It's unclear from your post whether you are a qualified hair professional, and so this thread will be moved to the Ask a pro forum until you are able to clarify please?

It's unclear from your post whether you are a qualified hair professional, and so this thread will be moved to the Ask a pro forum until you are able to clarify please?

I am not a certified professional

I am not a certified professional

Please then can I ask you to amend your profile details as soon as possible, so as not to cause any confusion.

For future reference, the hair professionals using this site are not permitted to give detailed technical information or colour formulas to those who are unqualified.

Thanks.

Perhaps try an online DIY hairdressing forum?

If it's just products we can advise can't we?

I recommend going to a salon and having an Olaplex treatment. As well as going to the salon to have your hair coloured because they can add olaplex into the colour as well.

The can also run tests to see whether you need protein or moisture.

You can over do coconut oil which will cause breakage.

Nothing repairs split ends. They need cutting off.

You also need to cut back on heated appliances.

The more you wash your hair. The oilier it's likely to get. If you can. Try to wash it less.

Like @Grace_Hair said there is nothing know that will repair the split ends and the only way to cure them it's to get them chopped of!

Even so if you carry on using heat on them your going to be in the same boat in a couple of months time.

When you wash your hair use cold water as the manic panic is a direct dye this will stop the colour fading as quickly.

Just watch this video to see how your straighteners contribute to colour fading

Latest posts

Back