Hair is a mess please help me

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midway1001

Reaction score
Hi I need help am doing level 3 at college and wanted my hair done cos I just found out I am pregant and that makes my hair poor condition. I had highlights with about 3 inch off regrowth, I wanted dark pieces put in. But they used wella profecton red pre pig first then put a semi colour touch over and its gone ginger not brown. They left some highlights on the front out and put highlift tint on the roots and a semi on the ends to tone it down. It looks such a mess I want it lighter again but I dont know what to use without doing more damage to my hair.:cry: Please help! :cry:

this whole hair is weaker in pregnancy thing is only true sumtimes, i have had heaps o pregnant folk in and have done a full head of foils, most folk only worry bout the colour hittin the scalp, if u do a cutting test it wud tell ya how dry ur hair will be. . as for the ginger put a flat base colour over that, the warmth will still shine throo from the ginger but the base tone will dull it down, dont put on any other colours wit warmth or it will just fire it up, for ur foils i wud probably use 10/1 in 9 or 12% dependin on how light u wanna go, that usually gives good results for liftin semis a few shades and it gives a nice natural highlight. . hope that helps love. . .ps good luck wit pregnancy. . xx

sorry,its difficult to imagine ,any chance of pics?

Hi , the good news is that the ginger should fade out a lot
but in the meantime
(depending on the condition , you may need some test pieces first )

as tint wont lift tint,
you could have a few creamy blonde scattered bleached foil highlights to lighten up the most gingery bits
this will give an overall lighter look and cool down those gingery bits

afterwards you could put on a silver ash toner 8/81 in wella colour fresh put it on the roots first for ten and then take through the ends ,
(all instructions are on the box)

Latest posts

Back