Hair is breaking off!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlitzyGlam08

Reaction score
I have noticed awhile back my hair was breaking off underneath.. So I just figured the low ponytails I wear were too tight. I stopped wearing ponytails so much and have always had the ponytail holders with no metal. I use Redken Shampoo & Conditioner and switch on and off to U-Smooth shampoo & conditioner. I do deep conditioning treatments every once in awhile, use "it's a 10" and argon oil .. Don't use hot tools too often, except for a blow dryer every once in awhile. Yet my hair is breaking off now more than ever. I'm even taking Biotin now. Any suggestions? I am taking birth control pills but don't know if that would cause it since I have been taking them for yrs..

Do you colour your hair, what hair type do you have :-D

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek

maybe worth checking your thyroid levels and for anaemia.. both can cause hair thinning

Do u have your hair cut regularly? X

Jocio K Pak range is a super fixer, with regular cuts.
Also, have you tried "invisibobbles"? They are hair ties that are plastic sprials. They hold the hair great without snagging or breaking, and being plastic and not fabric coated, theya re not hydroscopic, so wont absorb the moisture from your hair causing weak spots.
They also wont leave a band mark.
xx

Too much protein from the products you're using?

I have thyroid issues which tend to make my hair break in a similar way and fall out maybe worth a check?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek

A silk pillow case helps too :-D

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek

Thank you all so much.. I got my throid levels checked about a year or so ago, nothing was wrong then but I can always have them rechecked.. I do color my hair, I use matrix ulpa and ulpn w/ double 40.. Regrowth only! It's been awhile since my last h/c just because I am so scared to get one :( as terrible as that sounds

I have noticed awhile back my hair was breaking off underneath.. So I just figured the low ponytails I wear were too tight. I stopped wearing ponytails so much and have always had the ponytail holders with no metal. I use Redken Shampoo & Conditioner and switch on and off to U-Smooth shampoo & conditioner. I do deep conditioning treatments every once in awhile, use "it's a 10" and argon oil .. Don't use hot tools too often, except for a blow dryer every once in awhile. Yet my hair is breaking off now more than ever. I'm even taking Biotin now. Any suggestions? I am taking birth control pills but don't know if that would cause it since I have been taking them for yrs..

Its a ten and argan oil--dont they focus on moisture? You need to focus on protein. How about using Joico kpac and redken antisnap?

Its a ten and argan oil--dont they focus on moisture? You need to focus on protein. How about using Joico kpac and redken antisnap?

I echo the redken anti snap..... Beautiful product, saved my hair about 4 years ago, it was in an over processed state! :(

What products are you using to blow dry? X

Hope you get it sorted :-(
Along with some hair repair products, id recommended going for a haircut, just to get your split ends off else they will travel up your hair and damage it more and causing more breakage xx

Maybe a Brazilian to seal up the ends for a bit while you get to the bottom of it. ?

Although i like antisnap, im not fond of redken shampoo. Kerastase is the best ive seen so far.

This used to happen to me then I started having brazillian blow dries and reg cuts and my hair is all the same length again I also use amargan oil on my ends hth x

What do you all think of the loreal fibreceutic treatment? Meant to make the hair shaft stronger on thin hair and last up to 10 washes but is it just marketing blurb? X

What do you all think of the loreal fibreceutic treatment? Meant to make the hair shaft stronger on thin hair and last up to 10 washes but is it just marketing blurb? X

I'm interested to know this too!

I'm interested to know this too!

Yeah it sounds interesting doesn't it. Also as there is no heat involved (unlike a Brazilian blowdry) I would imagine its a much more gentle option, plus its a fraction of the price of a BBD. Do the pros rate it though?

Yeah it sounds interesting doesn't it. Also as there is no heat involved (unlike a Brazilian blowdry) I would imagine its a much more gentle option, plus its a fraction of the price of a BBD. Do the pros rate it though?

I have never used it we don't do it at my salon

Latest posts

Back