Hair | Jamilla Paul Turns 15 And Celebrates With A TV Show

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
It was the year Titanic won best picture and France the world cup. Google was just a start-up with no hint that it would grow to 425 million users; Geri left the Spice Girls, Dana International won the Eurovision Song Contest and Who Wants to Be a Millionaire aired for the first time. But 1998 means something much more to Jamilla Paul. Aged just 22 and with a loan secured by her Dad, Jamilla opened her first ever salon. She hasn’t looked back.

This month Jamilla celebrates 15 successful years in business with her team, some of whom have been with her from the start. She has moved on from that first salon and is now based in a huge four-storey property which she owns, with a second salon in Littleborough, and employs more than 30 people. The business has won three major awards and been shortlisted in three others, including British Hairdresser of the Year for the North West no less than three times.

Jamilla has become a much-requested educator and a seasoned platform performer and session artist, having worked in Hawaii, Los Angeles, Cyprus, Barcelona, Bologna, Vienna, Frankfurt, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Den Haag, New York, Paris, and this week, again, London.

And next month, Jamilla and her team will be thrust into the limelight in a new TV series.

‘My salon is my life, and my team and clients are hugely important to me,’ said Jamilla. ‘I love the industry and I’ve been fortunate to work with some amazing people who have helped me get to 15. We are now looking forward to the next 15.’

Once the party celebrations are over, it will be straight back to business as usual. Besides running two hugely busy salons, Jamilla is booked to do two shows for the Fellowship in front of hundreds of hairdressers later this month and next. And in November she’ll be sitting down to dinner alongside her peers at the British Hairdressing Awards, where she is a finalist in the North West category.

Happy birthday Jamilla Paul.

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• team shot 15 years.jpg
    team shot 15 years.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 424

Latest posts

Back