Hair loss and nano ring extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gorgeouslocks21

Reaction score
I recently fitted some nano ring extensions on a client, her hair was on the finer said but nothing to bad I could still fit a full head in, her scalp looked healthy and there was no breakage at her roots etc.
She lost a few strands and came back just over a week later to have me put them back in. I noticed when removing some other strands that had slipped that a lot of natural hair was shedding, there wasn’t any signs of tension from the extensions or any breakage but just a lot of her natural hair was coming out when I brushed it. I mentioned it to her and she said she has had quite a lot of her natural hair shedding / coming out for awhile now.. but she didn’t mentioned this during the consultation or when I asked for her to fill out the consultation form she circled no to experiencing hair loss. Is it safe for her to have them in? As i feel like a week isn’t long and she’s already shedded a fair bit of hair double what most clients do I just don’t want the extensions to be to heavy for her hair and result in any breakage. I wish she would of mentioned it at the consultation and then I could of just done one packet first to see how it went.

I would remove!! Left in any longer they will almost certainly cause hair loss. Check all the scalp for tension and pulling.

I recently fitted some nano ring extensions on a client, her hair was on the finer said but nothing to bad I could still fit a full head in, her scalp looked healthy and there was no breakage at her roots etc.
She lost a few strands and came back just over a week later to have me put them back in. I noticed when removing some other strands that had slipped that a lot of natural hair was shedding, there wasn’t any signs of tension from the extensions or any breakage but just a lot of her natural hair was coming out when I brushed it. I mentioned it to her and she said she has had quite a lot of her natural hair shedding / coming out for awhile now.. but she didn’t mentioned this during the consultation or when I asked for her to fill out the consultation form she circled no to experiencing hair loss. Is it safe for her to have them in? As i feel like a week isn’t long and she’s already shedded a fair bit of hair double what most clients do I just don’t want the extensions to be to heavy for her hair and result in any breakage. I wish she would of mentioned it at the consultation and then I could of just done one packet first to see how it went.

If it was me I would remove, bit naughty of the client not giving you the correct information from the start.

Very fine hair can pull out more easily, its more susceptible to damage. X

I would remove!! Left in any longer they will almost certainly cause hair loss. Check all the scalp for tension and pulling.
Thankyou I think I will just to be safe. What would you do if she asked for a refund? I have a feeling she will. But I do not feel it is my fault as she did not mention anything about her hair shedding a lot during the consualtion and circled no the hair loss

If it was me I would remove, bit naughty of the client not giving you the correct information from the start.

Very fine hair can pull out more easily, its more susceptible to damage. X
Thankyou I think I will just to be safe. What would you do if she asked for a refund? I have a feeling she will. But I do not feel it is my fault as she did not mention anything about her hair shedding a lot during the consualtion and circled no the hair loss

I would not refund.It is not your fault x

No I would no refund. I’ve had this happen before. Next time you need to explain fully about this to every client so they are aware it could happen to them and you do not know how it will affect them until they wear them. Obviously you can offer all client a strand test which they need to wear for 2 weeks and this should give a rough indication of their hair type. My consultations usually take around 45 minutes with explaining everything fully, it gets so repetitive but I know I need to cover everything as you will always get one that says they didn’t know and play dumb! X

Latest posts

Back