Hair loss-from bleach?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkayla_herex

Xamyx
Reaction score
Hi Ladies I wonder if any of you hairdressers can help.

I have noticed a section of my hair has lots of shorter hair. I'm not sure if it where the ends have snapped of or I have lost hair ( I didn't noticed any bald patches)

It's at the back top of my hair ( right about where you would wear a high pony)

I have had my hair bleached for years and I do look after it- hair treatments, never blow dry or straighten my hair my hair is cut regularly.

I have been having olaplex in with the bleach the last probally 7/8 months and the last few times i noticed my hairdresser left the bleach on for around a hour and half. She said as olaplex diluted bleach so had to leave longer to lift.

Could this be the reason for the hair loss? Leaving bleach on too long?- I haven't got it anywhere else on my head though just that section which makes me question maybe it's not the bleach.

My hair does feel in good condition- even the shorter patch hair, I've done a porosity test (backoming and seeing how easy it un knots) and the backcombing comes out straight away.

I have been using Nixoin shampoo to try and thicken my hair for about a year- it's supposed to thicken the hair- could this actually be damaging cause hair loss/ breakage? Could it be stress as have had a very stressful time since January.

Any tips how I can help stop anymore loss/ breakage I have been using caster oil twice a week and this seems to make my hair really nice. I have started using bed head by T.G.I shampoo and conditioner (colour goddess oil infused)

Thank you x

Hi . It could be a number of things
Do you wear a ponytail ? It could be breakage due to tension from bands or clips ?
It could be breakage due to bleach being left on too long
How do you style it , without using a drier ?
Nioxin treats the scalp to promote hair growth and is not necessarily aimed at conditioning fragile hair .
I would recommend argan oil instead of caster oil ,
90 mins seems a long time to have bleach on hair , even with olaplex

I mainly wear it in a low pony, I wear in high pony probably only 3/4 days a month- usually with hair extensions in.

I wear clip in hair extensions 2-3 times a week (I only tend to put one or two in just to thicken my hair, I don't really wear my hair down so even with the extensions I tie in low pony. This is how I noticed my hair was shorter as usually my hair covers the extentions but it was harder to hide them as there wasn't longer hair to cover them.

I don't blow dry my hair I leave it to dry on it's own- usually in the evening about 5pm twice a week I wash it and then just leave it down to dry.

Would you recommend me not using the nioxin then or shall I keep using it to help it grow back? I usually put the caster oil on in an hour or so before I wash then I Always shampoo my hair twice- first with the nioxin then with the t.g.i shampoo then condition.
(Is this ok? Would you recommend anything else- or to use the T.G.I shampoo first then the nioxin or does it not matter?)

Thank you for you reply :)

Hi it sounds too me like the hair has broken off rather then hair loss at the root . In which case nioxin won't help . I would mention your concerns to your hairdresser , usually when hair has been overbleached it feels a bit "mushy" when wet .

Latest posts

Back