Hair loss through nano rings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmLou3003

Reaction score
Okay so I wrote a post earlier which was quite in depth and I was concerned that maybe someone would see it (i.e. the client) so I removed it and will be a bit more vague!

So here I am again. My client has had 140 nano rings (0.9g) of hair since September last year. I have refit them 3 times and was due to take them out last Sunday, but she had them taken out elsewhere. She had fine hair, but a lot of it. She always said it was really thin I never thought it was. After having them out she has now said she is going to have a break as her hairdresser said there are parts where she hasn’t got much hair at all.

Hair would come out when I would refit in the nano ring, dead hair, which happens to me when I have my weave out, it never made me worry.

I don’t really feel like there has been a change in her hair since I have put the nanos in, other than it growing about two inches. I never saw any bald patches or hair loss, otherwise I would not have put them back in.

I feel bad, because although she has not said “it’s your fault” I feel like this is what she is saying.

I hate doing nano rings because of her. I don’t dislike her, but as my first client I don’t feel like it has been a great experience. She came two weeks later to her first refit which meant there was a lot of dirt collecting under the nano rings, so I had to spend ages combing through it, took me 5 hours for the refit in total, which I made less hourly than my day job.

I feel like I don’t want to do nanos anymore and I just want to do weaves! I feel deflated!

Update. At 11pm last night the client sent me images of her hair I am assuming since having it cut, looks terrible. Not sure what has happened.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

She said to me it's so bad she doesn't want to leave the house.

This was 6 weeks ago at her last appointment...

image.jpeg

I recommend that next time she has the our she have a trim to keep the hair healthy but can't quite understand why her hair is in such bad condition after 6 weeks.

I did not take these last set out, she said her hairdresser did, don't know who she is out what she used. I think her hairdresser might be w friend from university who doesn't do hair anymore but not sure, can anyone help. I feel like she is about to say to me "you have rejoined my hair"

X

Sorry not rejoined, RUINED!

I had nano rings in for over a year, and after taking them out myself my hair felt so thin and bald in some places. I don't believe for one second that it doesn't damage your hair, especially in thin hair.
A year on and my hair feels back to normal, plenty of trims during the year, and taking vitamin supplements.
Don't feel like it is your fault, unfortunately it's probably due to her having fine thin hair, like mine. I wouldn't dream of blaming the girls who done mine, they were absolutely fantastic and when I had my nanos in I never had any problems with them they looked fab.
You've got to remember all of your clients are different, some people won't notice any hair loss at all.
Obviously she will need a good cut as her hair will all be dead on the ends, once she's had that it'll feel much better.
Also, whilst taking my own hair extensions out, with the help of my partner, I was actually pulling my own hair out too. She really should have came to you to get them removed as you would have done them properly.
I am sorry you've been made to feel deflated and that you don't want to do them again, please don't let it put you off.
Hair extensions are really not for everyone, I think thicker stronger hair definately but for the weak thin hair I would probably just stick to a bob!
Hope this makes you feel a bit better [emoji8]

Ps maybes it was the 'hairdresser' who has taken them out, has pulled a lot of her own hair out with them!

You are not to blame in any way so do not feel guilty. Just reassure her that her hair is going to feel so thin after having those hair extensions in for 6 months it's a massive change, and she must have regular trims and head massages! That's all you can do chic x

Ps maybes it was the 'hairdresser' who has taken them out, has pulled a lot of her own hair out with them!

You are not to blame in any way so do not feel guilty. Just reassure her that her hair is going to feel so thin after having those hair extensions in for 6 months it's a massive change, and she must have regular trims and head massages! That's all you can do chic x
Thanks so much that does make me feel better. I have tried to ask her how her hairdresser took them out because I have the proper tools. She told me previously that when her hairdresser found out she had extensions she was funny and said "I'm not touching your hair with them in" which is fair enough, but why has she touched them now. Her hair has been thin, she knows it has, it never looked any thinner to me. I take supplements for mine, it's not thin but I think every little helps and I told her about these weeks ago. It annoys me that I have been constantly messaging her wanting to get her booked in and she has gone elsewhere but then messages me about it X

Update - her and her boyfriend took them out with pliers! x

Update - her and her boyfriend took them out with pliers! x
that's what happens when your boyfriend takes pliers to your hair unfortunately!

My own hair broke at the root and fell out from nanos. Too much weight on to small on an area.

My own hair broke at the root and fell out from nanos. Too much weight on to small on an area.
At all three of her maintenance appointments i could see no hair loss, just the usual shedding.

They have probably used the pilers that have a slight blade on them and ended up cutting her hair in removal. I would just inform her that unfortunately as you never removed them you can't offer her a explanation. She is probably after you refitting for free but she has lied already and said her hairdresser took them out

she has said to me they used 'round pliers'

she has also messaged me and said she doesn't think her hair is thin solely because they took the extensions out and her hairdresser says the patches on her scalp are not due to her hair not being able to shed naturally. she says it has put her off extensions, which is fine. I am still being nice, i don't want to fall out with her, i can understand if she isnt happy with her hair i am the first person to blame. x

she has said to me they used 'round pliers'

she has also messaged me and said she doesn't think her hair is thin solely because they took the extensions out and her hairdresser says the patches on her scalp are not due to her hair not being able to shed naturally. she says it has put her off extensions, which is fine. I am still being nice, i don't want to fall out with her, i can understand if she isnt happy with her hair i am the first person to blame. x
I think the moment she let someone else touch her extensions she took away her right to make any sort of complaint, wether she has a point to what she's saying or not, the fact that someone else had removed them means you cannot determine what damage if any happened and when

She will probably try to blame you but it's her fault for not looking after them and removing the extensions by herself with DIY players.

I haven't heard back from her since yesterday.

On Tuesday she told me she had taken them out the day before (so Monday) and told me her hair dresser had said there were parts with no hair, but she was having her hair cut and coloured tomorrow(Wednesday)

Then Tuesday night at 11pm she is sending me pictures of her hair.

Wednesday she is messaging me, still being ok, but kind of blaming me. Every so often "my hairdresser says this" "my hairdresser said that".

So i don't actually know when she saw her hairdresser. I did think her hairdresser had taken them out, i must have got confused, but her BF took them out.

I don't think i will be hearing from her again. She was happy when they were in, they really did look amazing and she loved them. So what can I do. Obviously she blames me, I'm not going to change her mind, I know I have done everything correctly so I am going to sleep at night.

Tell her theres hair missing because her boyfriend took them out with pliers!

She's being passive aggressive but its not working with you so good on you.

Just say as she removed them herself its more than likely her who's caused the damage and you can't really comment as she should've had them removed professionally by you.

I would just stop replying, there is nothing to do any more about this situation.

I would just stop replying, there is nothing to do any more about this situation.
She hasnt contacted me any more now, think that will be the end of it!

I have 2 clients who remove there own nano beads one has her boyfriend do it & the other does it herself one girl brings her with beads still attached I keep implying to let me do it, as I can see it's being done incorrectly, where as clients I do regular maintance & remove myself there hair is in better condition. With fine hair I always fit slightly looser to give less tension & tell them theyl need maintance a week earlier than most.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1456073506.955705.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1456073547.739340.jpg

Latest posts

Back